1. First Day

(Y/N)'s pov:

I cluchted tightly onto the straps of my backpack as I took a deep breath and entered the classroom. All eyes diverted towards me, which somehow made me feel uncomfortable but it was a given considering its the first day of the high school. The students were quite eager to meet their classmates and I noticed it wasn't just me they were staring at but also at those who entered after me. After all many students get transferred to top schools to complete their high schooling.

It was the same case for me. I got transferred to one of the top ranking schools, ETS high school.

I looked around the classroom to find an empty desk to sit in. Fortunately I found one right in the midlle at the second row, but before I could take a step someone sprinted towards that place to occupy it. I heaved a sigh and walked towards the other side of the classroom and found another seat by the window, which I didn't notice before. The arrangement of the desks were in pairs and the seat beside the empty one was already taken by a boy who had his head hidden in his hands which were on the table.

I slowly walked past the other tables to occupy that place. At least I could look outside the window. I thought and I pulled the chair to sit down. My only regret was that I was sitting in the fourth row which was second from the last row. As someone who was always seated in the front rows, I was basically addressed as a nerd from middle school. A name which wasn't something that would amuse students.

I wasn't a nerd to be quite honest but it was no use explaining it to the other students. Who would believe if I tell them I studied real hard to get admission in this school because it was near my house? Most of the students prefer high level education and move to schools which are in different places, which would help them to get into top universities. But I have lived here since my birth and I didn't want to leave my family for my studies.

On looking around the classroom, I found few familiar faces who had studied with me back in middle school. I hung my bag at the side of the table and took out few books. The boy seated beside me, who was supposedly my deskmate, wiggled and raised his head to look up. His fair complexion made me stare at him although I could only see his side profile.

He slowly turned and looked at me, probably unaware that he got a deskmate. I gave him a small smile and opened a novel which I started reading two days ago. I was least interested in bringing up a conversation with him. The only thing I hoped for was to have a good day.

"Wait-..... That's my place!!" I heard a boy shout as I turned around to look at a shocked face. Unfortunately, he was pointing at my seat. I tried to remember if there was something placed on the table before I came which could be a sign that it was already occupied. The boy who sat beside me hit the other one and pointed at the desk in front of him. "Look over there, Young." he said while scrunching his nose, his voice sounding so deep. I could see that boy's eyes widen when he noticed a bag on that desk.

"What? I remember keeping my bag beside your desk when you were asleep. Remember? I even promised I'd sit with you Yuta!" The boy tried to reason but I wasn't able to understand anything. All I found out was the boy who sat beside me was Yuta. Suddenly I saw a bag flinging in front of me and it landed on the whining boy who caught it in surprise.

"Does that mean you don't want to sit with me Taeyoung?" a girl shouted at him as she stomped her foot and took the seat in front of me. The boy who was probably Taeyoung gave a cheeky smile, sat at the seat beside her and tried to make her happy as I could see she was clearly pissed off.

"Don't worry. He will take that seat." the boy beside me spoke up as I turned to look at him. "I'm Yuta." he said after a small pause and looked away, not even extending his hand to introduce himself. For a moment I didn't feel like giving him a response, but sitting beside him the whole day gave me no other option.