Chapter One

You stare at the obsidian walls of the prison and finally, call to the warden.

"Sam!" You call. "What time is it?"

Sam groans from across the lava. "11:46" he calls back.

You sit quietly after that. Tubbo should be coming in 14 minutes. You stare at the wall and finally, Dream looks at you. "Waiting for Tubbo?" he asks.

You nod.

"What if he stops showing up?" he asks.

"He won't."

"How can you be sure?"

"Because if i'm not, I'll drive myself insane."

This ends the conversation.

You never were close with Dream, and even after these god awful eight months, you still yield after a few sentences per conversation.

Ten minutes pass. You're excited.

Then fifteen. Tubbo is never late. he's always been punctual. But you're hopeful, it's just one minute.

Twenty minutes pass. You're worried.

Half an hour now.

An hour. You start screaming.

"Tubbo!!!!!" You cry. "Tubbo!!!"

Where is he?

————————————————

Days pass, no Tubbo. Quackity comes by to torture you and Dream for information. Seeing Tubbo used to make this part more bearable.

————————————————

Finally, weeks later, you've given up. Tubbo wasn't coming back.

But then—

"Y/N!!" Sam calls. "You have a visitor!!"

You jump to your feet. Tubbo was coming back!

You see horns and a smile.

"Tubbo!" You cry excitedly as the platform makes its way over towards you. But... something was different. Had Tubbo gotten a haircut? No... This wasn't him.

"Not quite." A voice booms. Still you can't recognize the body, but the voice told you everything you needed to know.

"Schlatt." You growl.