6th March 1495 DR

Now I am a pretty bad writer and honestly, I don't know how the fuck should I even start writing. I guess I'll not exactly be known as the greatest writer of the time, but I am not trying either. Although I need a way to actually record whatever the fuck it is I am going to start.

So I had this strange idea that maybe I should go out on adventures. There was this wide world left to explore and I was sitting in my home wasting my life away.

From an early age, I thought that I was going to be a good painter. Okay not as great as Giovanni. All the ladies are crazy for him even though he is well over 50 years old. At 22 years old, I am lonely and without any partner. I painted a lot of ladies but kind of failed to get any attention from the opposite gender. I thought hey fuck it. If I stay within this small town and never explore whatever lies beyond I might get mad and people will keep calling me, Araldor the Lunatic.

Well, I mean, this diary is supposed to be private but I guess in case anyone ever lays hands on this one, I might as well give an introduction as to who I am. My name is Araldor Eastfort, and I live in the town of Phandalin. I am 22 years old, not the best-looking dude in town and rather short and thin. I live in a good home and my parents take good care of me even though they have made their best efforts in my upbringing I still look like a homeless person with a bad hairstyle and an unkempt beard. Anyway enough blabbering. First, let me write about what I plan to do.

So, adventuring is just the first part, what I actually want is to get a job. Phandalin's a shit town and while it's true that I want to go on an adventure, I will be heading towards Neverwinter. It's pretty far away to the north, and yeah that should probably give me enough adventures. Once I go there I might probably try to, you know, apply for an apprenticeship for an alchemist, because I like to read and no blacksmith would take a guy with knobbly knees as his assistant. At least that's the plan. In my 22 years of experience, few things actually go according to plan.

My parents at first did not want me to go like this, without any definite plan, but I will talk about that on some other day. Now I need to get some sleep. After all, I need to wake up early tomorrow and set out on my journey.