☁️Winter's Wonders☁️

It had just been another day. It was hard to call the life of a jujutsu sorcerer uneventful, but all of these things were relative. It was a relatively normal day, a bit cold considering it was almost the heart of winter.

That was, until it started snowing in the early evening, and Yuuji was staring longingly out the window of their kitchen.

"Have you ever played in the snow, Megumi?" He asked. Megumi was taken aback at the question.

"Yes, with Gojo. Not by choice." Megumi said. Gojo loved playing in the snow, and when Megumi was younger, he always justified it in public by saying he was playing with his son. This was in spite of the fact that Megumi was the one being dragged along, and not the other way around. They weren't exactly bad memories, just annoying ones.

"Hmm." Yuuji replied, eyes not moving.

"What about you?" Megumi wondered.

"A couple times apparently, I just don't remember. My grandpa was too old to come with me later on and I never wanted to go alone." Yuuji answered.

Everything in Megumi went on high alert when he realized what was happening. His boyfriend wanted to play in the snow but never really got the chance! He probably thought Megumi didn't want to do it either so he wasn't going to ask!

Megumi kept his expression neutral and was forced to pretend that he wasn't silently fuming at nothing in particular.

The next day, the ground was blanketed by several inches of snow. Checking the temperature, it was just barely above freezing, and thus bearable with the help of some Winter gear.

Once he was fully decked out in thick jackets, Megumi approached Yuuji, who was reading one of his manga.

"Yuuji." Megumi said. Yuuji turned around, face tilting in confusion as he took in Megumi's ensemble.

"Why are you dressed right now?" Yuuji asked.

"We're going outside." Megumi said. His tone made it clear there was no room for argument.

"Oh! Uh, okay, I'll get dressed." Yuuji said, running to his closet and throwing on a winter coat and a pair of sweatpants. Then, he ran to the entrance of the building, and the two of them put their shoes on.

Right outside the dorms was a wide, flat area of thick snow. It was usually a boring little patch of grass that the school didn't know how to fill. Megumi led Yuuji right out into the center of it.

"What are we doing here?" Yuuji asked. Megumi crouched down and began packing snow into a snowball. It brought back memories of snowball fights with Gojo that Gojo always one because his damned cursed technique meant that nothing could hit him.

"I've never seen the campus after a snow, I wanted to walk around." Megumi lied, finishing the tightly packed sphere.

"Oh, that makes sense, I haven't either, I wonder wh- AAH!" Yuuji yelped as a packed snowball nailed him square in the face and he stumbled back. He wiped the snow from his face and stared astonished at Megumi's extended hand. Then, his eyes lit up.

"You're on!" He shouted happily, hastily making his own snowball. It was more of a clump, but he threw it anyway. Megumi ducked under it. Just like that, the fight was on.

Megumi rapidly found himself losing. Despite the thick snow, Yuuji still ran absurdly fast and he quickly picked up how to pack snowballs properly. He was constantly beaming as he ran around. Eventually, he ran straight at Megumi and tackled him into the snow. He then picked up snow and pelted Megumi's face point blank.

"I win!" He declared, fists pumping the air as he straddled Megumi.

"Should we move on to building a snowman n-"

"Yes!" Yuuji answered, getting off Megumi and immediately getting to it. The two of them rolled three snowballs, making sure to pack them tightly before they were stacked on top of each other. They (mostly Yuuji) decided they wanted to make a Sukuna snowman, so it ended up having four stick arms and a carrot sticking out of both sides of its head. Yuuji insisted on taking a selfie with it, which Megumi gladly obliged.

"I don't think we have marshmallows or anything like that, we should do a grocery run." Megumi proposed. Yuuji enthusiastically agreed. In full snow gear, they walked to the grocery store and bought a bountiful supply of hot chocolate, marshmallows, peppermint pieces, and various other Christmas themed candy. When they made it back to the dorms, they all but dumped it onto the counter.

Immediately, they set off to make hot chocolate. Yuuji poured in over double the amount of necessary mix in his, and almost made it spill over with marshmallows.

When Megumi was staring out the window at the sky that was gradually getting dark, he felt strong arms wrap around him.

"Thank you, Megumi." Yuuji said. Even with his face tucked against Megumi's chest, it was easy to see he was blushing, which probably meant his eyes were tearing up but he didn't want Megumi to know but was absolutely awful at hiding it.

Megumi returned the gesture, one of his hands ruffling Yuuji's fluffy pink hair.

"You're welcome." Megumi replied.

"Can we do it again tomorrow?" Yuuji requested. Running around and throwing snowballs wasn't exactly Megumi's idea of a fun day, that's why he didn't like it as a kid. That hadn't really changed much now.

It was well worth seeing just how happy Yuuji was. He was constantly laughing and smiling and didn't have to be anything other than his goofy self that Megumi had fallen in love with.

"Of course." Megumi replied, laying a kiss on the crown of Yuuji's head.

As Yuuji refused to let go, Megumi watched snowflakes gently drifting down outside, setting the scene anew so they could once again have a winter wonderland to return to the very next day.

The End