Uncle Did What?

A/N: Photograph of North Taylor

Dr Green

Sitting at the dining room table as we all waited for Sang to reemerge, I couldn't help but play my eyes over every corner as I tried to find some small verification that I hadn't actually been home for more than twelve months - but there were none. Sure, my Pookie had added a few little decorations and it didn't seem as empty as what it had but other than that it was all exactly the same.

"God," North grumbled, his eyes on the door. "She's fucking scary now."

Silas nodded in agreement, "When I heard those guns..."

Owen eyed them both, "When you heard them? I believe I nearly peed myself when she pulled the trigger."

All of us sniggered although not one of us could say that we weren't immensely grateful that Harry knew her so well - if not for his insistence that Owen be strapped into a vest, we would be grieving the loss our leader right now.

"God, I'm starving," Luke suddenly announced, scraping his chair along the floor so that he could go through the cupboards and fridge.

"Make something healthy," North ordered, his growl echoing as his older brother began pulling out anything that appeared edible.

"She's got an absolute shit load in here," Luke exclaimed as he crowed over the discovery of a lovely looking chocolate cake.

A small laugh sounded from just beyond the doorway and we all paused to watch as Sang slipped in. "I've had a lot of guests lately, Luke." She looked at each of us, "Sorry I took so long. I had to call Raven and tell him why the alarm was triggered."

Kota pushed his glasses further up his nose, "Why would they have been alerted?"

She sighed, "All of the house alarms send something like a 'redline' to the Toma team." She looked away, "It was a condition of being able to live by myself and keeping up my lone status."

Gloom settled over us all once more as we were reminded of everything that the little bird had been forced to cope with over a hasty decision we had made in our frantic attempts to neutralise the threat that was Volto.

God! It still unnerved me that my last memories were of cautiously walking through the warehouse, wondering what Pookie would have simmering away on the stove for when we returned home.

"You look..." Gabe broke the silence as his head tilted to the side and he suddenly shot to his feet in order to circle Sang, "Hot, Trouble. God damn," he breathed. "I don't think you need me to dress you anymore."

Her entire face went red as she leant over laughing, clutching at her stomach, "I've barely been shopping for the past year, Meanie! This outfit was a birthday present."

With something akin to jealousy tightening my muscles, my eyes wandered over the black skinny jeans and sexy light blue halter neck. Her feet were bare and her hair had been pulled into a damp, messy bun but everything about her screamed confidence and sensuality.

Gabriel's eyes frosted over even as Sang's giggles petered off, "Oh, and who's been buying you clothes?"

She wiped at her eyes and glanced at him for a long moment before doing the same to each of us as we all awaited her answer.

Her forehead crinkled cutely, "Well, as I said. I never like going shopping because..." she swallowed. "It reminds too much of what I'd lost. Without Gabriel there to throw things at me..." She simply shook her head, missing the look of devastation in Gabe's eyes. "Everyone who knows me, knows that I avoid shopping unless it's for groceries." Her hands stroked over the black material of her pants, "These were from Uncle."

I didn't think that I was the only one to gape.

"Uncle?" Nathan inquired, his eyes dazedly confused as he glanced over at North. "Your uncle is dressing Sang now?"