Chapter 2

Xiao hid as shouts and loud bangs were going off. He would never hide from something, but who he was hiding from were people he couldn't understand. Holding his spear close he was thinking of a way out so he could locate one of the three he did know. On his way to where he was now hiding, he had not seen a way out. Xiao nearly growled in frustration but he heard a strange laugh and a monotone-sounding voice coming his way. Biting his tongue he tightened his grip on the black and green pole ready to run or attack if they found him. Waiting he could feel his heart hammering in his chest, he didn't know whether it was fear, anticipation, or something else. The two voices stopped outside the door causing Xiao's breath to hitch in the back of his throat. He didn't want them to find him before he could find a way to escape.

Letting out the breath he had been holding once the voices headed away from him. Xiao carefully cracked the door and peeked out the small opening. Not seeing, hearing, or sensing anyone he carefully left his hiding spot to make a break for it. As he did so his feet got tangled in something causing him to pitch forward landing on his face, which effectively caused his spear to dissolve into gold light particles. He struggled to get his feet untangled from the invisible string that held them. Growling under his breath when he found out he couldn't break the thin wire around his ankles.

Xiao brought his hand up and caught the knife that was coming for his neck. He glared at the blond and the mint green-haired boys walking towards him. They were saying something but it didn't make sense to him. The knife was yanked out of his grasp and hovered around the blond. Xiao again tried to get out of the wire but another wire caught his hand pulling him forward once again onto his face. He pulled against the wire around his wrist but it wouldn't budge.

"Let me go, you child!!!" Xiao yelled, opening his hand letting a blast of wind knock the two off their feet which caused the wires to go slack. He used that moment to get out of the wires and try to run. However, wires caught his feet mid-step and he fell on his face again. Growling he pushed himself up onto his knees as more people walked up. Before he could turn around to face those he heard he was kicked hard in the stomach which sent him into another batch of wires. Those wires wrapped around his arms cutting the exposed skin. Xiao glared at the group in front of him having no clue what they were saying to him. One with scars all over his face walked up and knelt down again saying something very slowly.

"I am not dumb, you fool. I can't understand you." Xiao growled, pulling on the wires, cutting his arms more. The man raised an eyebrow before looking at the ones behind him to which they shrugged. Xiao rolled his eyes at the group's incompetence. He couldn't go anywhere because of the wires and he wasn't sure if his spear could cut them. The man with long silver hair walked up and grabbed his chin turning his head to both sides as he said something to the scarred one.

Xiao glared darkly snarling. "Do not touch me." Seeing that his words were ignored just proved to increase his anger. It did not help that he couldn't understand what the group was saying whether it was to him or to each other. He felt like he was being talked down to as he watched the group talk about something. Xiao was getting frustrated and decided to try getting out of the wires using his spear. A small flash of light and the spear fell into his waiting hand. With a quick spin of the blade, the wires were cut and he was freed. He stood, but quickly dodged a blade as he jumped back his spear at the ready behind him. The scarred one held out his hand to stop the silver-haired man from doing something. The younger man huffed but lowered the sword that was attached to his hand.

Xiao stood straight still keeping his spear ready to fight. He watched as the scarred one stepped forward. Xiao watched as the man made some sort of hand movements that didn't make sense to him either. He raised an eyebrow skeptically and gave what he knew to be a 'what' gesture.

After a while of failed pantomiming, they were getting nowhere as there were too many differences between the languages. Xiao huffed, having long since sent his spear away so he could use both hands to try and communicate.