extra one shot

Seokjin got his first tattoo on a Wednesday night. An odd day, he thought, to get his first tattoo. The middle of the week, after he was tired from work and comfortably snuggled in Jungkook's arms during a Harry Potter marathon. It was just a normal day, another day Seokjin got to help someone and then come home to the man he adores and the little girl he couldn't live without. Another lucky day to be alive.

He had came home to a meal Jungkook had cooked for him and Ji-Moon, watched as Jungkook painted his daughters nails, and before long... the sun went down and she was ready to take her nightly bath and then be tucked in her bed. Only an hour later, Seokjin had been in Jungkook's arms that were covered in pretty petals that Seokjin absolutely adored, and then it hit him.

"I want a tattoo."

Jungkook's eyes almost shot out of his head as his head snapped. "You what?" Truthfully, that was the last thing Jungkook had expected to come out of his boyfriend's mouth. His boyfriend was quite literally the biggest wimp he had ever met, in the best way possible. It was cute that Seokjin's eyes widened every time he was near Jungkook's tattoo machines, and that he curiously peered through the art that adorned the walls. Jungkook knew Seokjin loved his tattoos.. he just never expected that his boyfriend would want one himself.

"Yeah, I want one. I don't know, I'm scared but with you there with me, I'll be okay."

Jungkook grinned then, almost stretching from ear to ear. "Where do you wanna go to get it, babe? I'm so excited for you, don't worry. I'll be there the whole time!"

Seokjin laughed then, throwing his head back slightly. "Well, I'd hope so! Because you'll be the one tattooing me!"

Jungkook stilled. Not only did his boyfriend want a tattoo, but he wanted him to be the one to do it. A sense of pride filled him as he realized what Seokjin was asking of him. He reached out to cup Seokjin's cheek, he left a soft kiss on his nose. "Don't worry. I'll take good care of you."

Jungkook didn't even need to tell him. Seokjin already knew he would.

"I want it now. Let me call Jimin to come over while we are gone in case Ji-Moon wakes up."

Jungkook gaped at the older. Suddenly, everything was moving so fast and Jungkook had no idea what had gotten into him. He reached out a hand to stop Seokjin's phone. "Wait, you're tired and it might not be a good time... what if you regret it tomorrow when you're fully rested? Seokjinnie there's no rush."

Seokjin shook his head, "If I wait I may never do it. I used to hesitate on everything, and end up never doing anything. I'd like to do it now. Unless you are tired of course, you are the one doing the work and if you aren't up for it right now, then we can wait and do it tomorrow?

Suddenly, Jungkook understood. He smiled at his hyung and left a kiss on his forehead. "No, I can do it! I just wanted to make sure it was what you really wanted."

Seokjin's eyes burned into Jungkook's as he nodded. "I do, and I want it to be with you."

Jungkook left another soft kiss on Seokjin's lips. "I got you baby. What do you want?"

"I want a little moon on my wrist. For Ji-Moon, and I want stars around it for you."

"For me?" Jungkook's head tilted curiously, not fully understanding the correlation. Seokjin only giggled and reached out to pinch his cheek before speaking.

"Yeah. You remind me of a night sky, filled with beautiful stars that work together to light it up. That's what you did for me.. Light up my dark sky. I'll forever be grateful to you."

Jungkook's tattoo machine wasn't loud, just a quiet buzzing that Seokjin's ears had become numb too. Often, Seokjin hung out in the tattoo studio as Jungkook tattooed, so the soft sound of the machines were music to his ears. A sound he often connected to his boyfriend. But, he had to admit the sound had been significantly more terrifying when it was close to his own skin.

Jungkook had drawn up the prettiest moon with stars littered around it, had stenciled it upon Seokjin's milky skin, and now Seokjin was buzzing as loud as the machine. He sat in the chair and stared straight at the ceiling. "Are you nervous baby?" Jungkook's voice broke the silence.

Seokjin just nodded, as he heard the buzzing cut short. A hand landed on the side of his cheek, turning his head to look at him, "Listen to me. You got this. If you want to stop, we can. If you want to change your mind now, you can. I got you."

Seokjin's heart thumped against his chest, but his shoulders relaxed. Jungkook had him. His boyfriend was right there. He let out a breath he didn't even know he had been holding. "I'm ready. Let's do this."

Soon, Jungkook's hand was buzzing again and Seokjin's eyes closed. Jungkook traced the pretty crescent moon first, then littered in the stars that surrounded it. Slowly, Seokjin's body relaxed. The pain was just a dull sting, but he still found himself gripping his own thigh as if his life depended on it. Jungkook's voice was soft, and it rang out minutes after the needles grazed Seokjin's skin. "You doing alright, baby?"

"Doing great. How's it coming along?"

Jungkook smiled softly, following the curve of a shooting star across Seokjin's wrist. "It's beautiful. It's perfect for you."

The tattoo was small, and it fit Seokjin's wrist perfectly. His pretty smooth skin interrupted by the soft line work that Jungkook had gracefully created. It was only minutes later that Jungkook's machine was turned off, and Seokjin was warily peering down at his arm in curiosity. It was only a second later that his eyes widened, and he almost cried.

"Jungkook, it's so beautiful.. Oh my god, I can't believe this." Seokjin was in shock, his body simply forgetting the light pain he had just seconds ago. He looked at Jungkook then, who had the softest and prettiest smile stretched across his face. It hit him then. Seokjin was so in love with him. Seokjin's night sky was painted with stars that Jungkook had drawn so carefully, and Seokjin loved him.

He wrapped his arms around the tattoo artist, babying his newly tattooed wrist so it wouldn't touch anything. "I love it. Thank you so much, baby. Really, thank you."

Jungkook's cheeks reddened. "Let's get it wrapped up, okay? I'll teach you how to take care of it while it heals."

It was the next day that Seokjin woke up next to Jungkook, looked down at his new pretty tattoo, and realized that he wanted this star to stay. He wanted this star to come back every night, to stay close. If Ji-Moon was his moon, and Jungkook were the stars, Seokjin wondered if he were the earth. He just hoped the stars and the moon would rise again, neverending.