The day they came

It had been just another day in Hope County, people had been going about their buissness as usual. It was a wonderful year thus far, the hard working ranchers of Hope County Montana had been very successful in their harvesting of crops this year leading to the small town of Falls End being more busy than normal. People stopped in on their way to local events like the baseball game of the local Cougars. Fireworks were selling like hotcakes as the fourth of July was right around the corner.

All of these events only made it hard for people to see what was starting to unfold. This County wasn't just home to ranchers and simple country folk, but also to a group known as Edens Gate. The group was a small cult, harmless enough really led by a man named Joseph Seed. The cult was tolerated and most didn't pay the group any mind, that is until the day everything happened. The day the locusts in their garden arrived.

Joseph had been having dreams for the past few days, dreams he couldn't make sense of. He saw his flock, the people he had been dutied to protect and save. He saw a man in federal garments alongside two police officers. The Marshall as the sheriff called him ordered a young man not much older than John or Faith to slam the cuffs upon his wrists. As the young deputy looked to him then scanned across his siblings, Joseph noticed the fear, the uncertainty of his actions, this poor lost child didn't want to do this but went through with it.

Joseph pondered on this thinking that perhaps this was another sign that the collapse was truly upon them. He would pray on this later as he prepared for that night's sermon. His followers were always so glad to see him. Full of joy, energy and hope as they followed him to the church. That nigh had been particularly warm as a truck pulled up with his youngest siblings, John and Faith. "Hello brother, hope we're not late." John said with a smile as he greeted his brother. "Not at all John, you all are precisely on time." Joseph assured as more people began to arrive for the sermon Joseph was preparing to do. Within half an hour his flock had gathered at the compound, ready to hear Joseph's word.

Joseph may have been the leader of Edens gate, but he greatly relied on his siblings to help him. As much as he gave them guidance, they helped him keep Edens gate afloat. John spread Joseph's word with his charismatic charm as well as Financials given his multiple degrees revolved around law and his knowledge of business. Faith served to show as living proof of the good Edens gate was capable of, showing love and joyous wonder to everyone whom she crossed the path of.

Then there was Jacob, the soldier, the wolf, and head of Edens gate security. Years of military experience had the man molded to survive harsh and cruel times. He ensured Edens gate would be heavily defended should trouble ever approach their doorstep. To the members of  Edens gate and to Joseph he served as a strong backbone and pillar of physical strength. And just as any eldest brother could seem to do, Jacob could tell when something was troubling his family.

Joseph had been praying and pondering the last half hour before the sermon started. "You alright Joseph?" Jacob asked as he entered his brother's chamber. Joseph was brought out of whatever trance he was in to see his eldest brother. "You seem troubled." Jacob said as Joseph arose to his feet "In truth Jacob I am, I've had visons portraying the future of this flock and my family. Something is coming and soon I fear." Joseph admitted recalling the visons he had regarding the authorities, the Marshall and his flock. Jacob may have not been as religious as Joseph but he had to admit Joseph was right more often than not. So for him to be concerned of a possible threat in the near future meant that his purpose was clear, and that the collapse was here.

Laying a firm hand on his brothers shoulder Jacob gave Joseph a calm look as assurance. "Whatever it is we'll be ready for it, we've prepared for this very day Joseph and we all know our purposes." Jacob said. Joseph smiled and with a nod he walked out to the main alter of the church and began his sermon. As the service began the members began singing hymns with joy in their hearts. Maybe this would be a calm evening after all Joseph thought, looking out over the men and women who have come here. People who trusted him, believed his word and preaching. John and Faith both gladly sang alongside the many attendees, Jacob stood watch over the crowd as normal. Everything seemed as normal as could be for them.

However the calmness was not to last as the sound of a helicopter overhead brought Joseph back to his visons. Now they seemed to be coming to pass as the songs concluded. As if signifying the downpour of a storm the door of the church opened and before him were the people from his visons, the Marshall, the sheriff and a deputy.