{ C h a p t e r 2 }

*3rd person point of view*

Nagito looked at Izuru. He still didn't want to believe him but...there was no way he could just pull a umbrella out of thin air like that. Nagito didn't answer him. Instead, he just turned around, "Come on. Let's go home."

Izuru nodded and followed Nagito.

"So let me get this straight. You are something called an Imaginary Friend ordered to help me...? Not only that, you are the most powerful one?" Nagito explained.

"That is correct." Izuru replied.

"What kind of power are we talking about here?" Nagito asked curiously.

"You just saw it. I can do anything. As long as my powers are intended to help you." Izuru explained.

Nagito looked down and almost walked into ongoing traffic. Izuru had grabbed him by the shoulder and yanked him back, catching Nagito's attention and causing him to look forward to what he was about to run into.

"You need to watch where you are going or you might end up dead." Izuru said with a strict stare.

"I...um....sorry." Nagito replied.

"Don't tell me you're sorry, idiot. Just do as I say. I don't want you ever looking down while you walk ever again. Are we clear?" Izuru asked.

Nagito gulped and nodded.

"Good." Izuru said as he looked forward.

They waited for the pedestrian light to come on and ran across the crosswalk before the light turned back.

"So where do you live?" Izuru asked.

Nagito pointed as they came up to a house.

"I have to deal with my abusive dad. I don't want you to deal with him too." Nagito said as he opened the front door.

Nagito and Izuru walked inside.

"Nagito, he can't see, hear or touch me. I have to deal with this kind of stuff all the time so no worries. I'm here to help you with your problems remember?" Izuru asked.

Nagito nodded, "He must be sleeping."

"Nagito...do you have a mother?" Izuru asked.

They headed upstairs and about to enter Nagito's room. Nagito placed his hand on the handle and thought for a moment, "My mom?"

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want too." Izuru said.

"My mom...she loves me. She is still with my dad." He paused as he tried to hold in his tears, "They aren't divorced yet because that bastard decided to go against her. He won't allow her to get divorced with him. Instead...she just ran away. She wanted to take me with her but my dad caught her trying to and ended up with him slapping her. He tried to keep her from running away but she still managed. She still sends me letters telling me how she is doing but once my dad found out that she was sending letters, he started collecting the mail and throwing away any letters he'd seen." Nagito explained.

Izuru felt sympathetic, "Mind if I ask you a few other questions?"

Nagito shook his head. They walked into Nagito's bedroom and Nagito set his bag down. Suddenly, the door flew open and there standing in the doorway was Nagito's adoptive dad. Nagito felt fear as he looked into his drunk dad's eyes. He was about to be beaten. He was also afraid he was going to see Izuru.

"Don't worry about me. I told you that no one can see, hear or touch me. But I can see, hear and touch others, almost like a ghost haunting them." Izuru explained.

His father made his way into Nagito's room and started dragging Nagito out of the room by his hair.

Izuru looked in shock and chased after Nagito, "Listen to me Nagito, stop struggling."

"What" Nagito said.

"Oh, so you're talking to yourself now eh?" His father's drunk tone spoke.

Nagito struggled and cried.

Izuru sighed and ran out in front of Nagito's dad before he had dragged Nagito down the stairs and punched him in the face. His dad had released Nagito and fell down the stairs, moaning in pain as he finally reached the bottom. Nagito looked down the stairs with tears in his eyes, "D-Dad?" He called. Nagito was about to go down the stairs.

"If you go down the stairs to save your dad, he's going to push you down to the ground and bash your head into the lowest step. If you don't go down there, he will crawl to the phone and call an ambulance to blame you that he fell down the stairs and the police will question you. You can finally tell them what he has been doing to you and recover some. Your choice." Izuru explained.

"H-How do you know?" Nagito asked.

"This is also part of my power. I can read minds and tell the future. If you don't believe me, wait to see what happens." Izuru had explained.

Even though Nagito hated his dad with every part if his soul, a part of him still wanted to go down there and help him. He didn't. He stayed and watched as his dad, with a broken arm, crawl to the phone, grabbed it off the table and dialed the emergency services.

Soon enough, the ambulance and police came over, getting his dad onto a stretcher as he was still moaning in pain. Then, two police officers walked up to Nagito.

"Can you tell us your name?" One of the officers opened a flip book and took out a pen.

"..." Nagito was afraid that he was going to jail. He was afraid of what his dad will do to him next time he sees him.

"Take a deep breath. They are here to help you, not hurt you." Izuru reassured.

Nagito took a deep breath in and out. "My name is Nagito Komaeda." He answered.

The officer wrote his name down, "Can you tell us what happened?" They asked.

"I-I just came home from school. My dad decided to drag me out of my room by my hair and he suddenly fell down the stairs. The next thing I realized, he was at the bottom moaning in pain. I wanted to help him but...I-I was afraid of what he was going to do to me." Nagito explained.

The officer wrote it down. "Does your father drink, do drugs, or do such things like abuse or rape you?"

Nagito hesitated, "A-All those things...he mainly drinks but...I've seen him do some drinks before...I'm abused on a daily basis." Nagito started crying.

The officer wrote it all down. "Okay, will you come with us?" They asked.

Nagito looked at them and paused.

"Nagito, I'll be by your side." Izuru said.

Nagito nodded.

To be continued...