Chapter 1: The buzzing sound

"Don't you like it when you're free to do anything you want, to eat anything you want, to run when you have the rush, to dance when you want to celebrate, to love, to fall, to be? Just be. With no name and nothing else. To live without having to stay alive."

There was a show about finding the reason to live going on the TV, during a rainy night when a long and heavy story was about to start being told.

"It's the worst when people are so desperate at a serious end." The mother commented as she took her cup of tea into her hands, to warm them up. "It is exactly at those moments that you need someone to wake you up and shake you a little bit."

"It sounds like you've actually had a moment like that. Well, considering the stories that you have already told me about your life, I'm sure you've had plenty." The daughter answered, showing she wanted to hear more.

"Of course! Naima's case is a perfect example – her disease was actually caused by stress."

"Really?" She has known Naima since she was born and heard a lot of stories about her childhood, but no one has ever mentioned that detail before.

"Yes! She was the most stubborn woman at the time, at first she just didn't want to believe that her condition was serious at all!" After this sentence, the daughter knew that it would be impossible to stop her from talking. "I'll tell you more — she has always said that she wouldn't want to even know the name of her disease and what it consists of until it would cause her to be laying on her deathbed!" The mother was acting as if the sudden sorrowful turn didn't perturb her in the slightest. She continued to smile as if she was simply telling a nice joke which would harm no soul.

"And does she still know nothing about it?" The question was asked with much carefulness, but it still showed the girl's concern, as she was asking quietly with a fragile voice. The mother noticed that, but it was no time to get sentimental. After all, it was the best time of the day.

"Well, she does now, even though she lives without major concerns. But that's a long story and a whole journey that she has had to go through." After the long talk, she took a sip of her tea, making her finally feel satisfied at the taste.

"But why did she change her mind after making such a bold and tough statement? And what kind of stress was able to cause an illness like that?" It wasn't that hard to speak about that topic for the mother, after all, she was very familiar with it. So she started sharing with no problem, while still taking sweet sips of her black bitter tea.

"Well, to start off, your aunt didn't have much of a happy childhood, or happy moments even after that period." And so, the story of a hopeless achievement has started to be fully narrated for the first time.

From a point of another perspective, the starting point of Naima's life might be seen as something contended and merry, but the more you actually get inside the personal view, the less you want to believe that the Gods can make someone go through that much suffering.

She was born in a pretty spread family, which all lived in the same small area of the big city of Buhax. And they are the ones that you would call a real family, the people that would be friendly and kind to each friend of each, and fight for what they desire the most, pity one another and cry as much as all of them would cry for the saddest things, even if in reality they're not. Naima would spend a lot of time with her aunts and their friends since the three sisters were inseparable. They were the only ones that have decided to stay inside the city, even when it was going through one of its hardest times, they were everything and the only thing that they had. So for Naima, it was like having three different mothers, which very soon came with other children who felt just like real siblings. The first brother came from auntie Veslava, who brought many men for her sisters to know, many lovers and friends, the people that never stepped in the house twice. He was older than Naima, and it was good having someone protect you from the youngest years. But he wasn't that much of a big character, since Veslava would send him away for studies later. After some time, she started to show up at the gatherings less often.