•[chapter fifteen]• ✔

❝we never got it right, playing and replaying old conversations,overthinking every word and i hate it 'cause it's not me

we never got it right, playing and replaying old conversations,
overthinking every word and i hate it 'cause it's not me.

― back to you; selena gomez.

╰┈➤ "if i may ask... who was hoshio yusei to you?"

(y/n) freezes in her place as the question rolled out of the white-haired woman. her hold on the glass cup becoming tighter and the question, without doubt, hurting the small corner of her heart.

now, now. what should she answer?

"uhm... it's a long story, senju-san," her bittersweet smile adorned the beauty of her face, gaining an astonished look from senju.

"why? is he... your ex-boyfriend- ?"

"no, no! he's... my little brother," a sigh escaped her lips as she recalls the young teenager she adored so much. of course, he shares the same blood as her and he's the only one she ever have left before all of this happening.

the younger woman smirked at her answer, "i expected it. no wonder the surname was kind of familiar," she patted (y/n)'s back before putting back the tea in her hand on the small table in front of them.

"the akashi could keep this neat, mind telling me what happened to him?"

the (h/c)-haired hesitate, never once she tells the story to anyone these three years. if she were to tell senju, would she blame her for everything that happened at that incident too?

the fact that the kawaragi senju she met at the bakery not long ago was actually the missing sister of akashi takeomi somehow irritated her. knowing that she's just the replacement of this magnificent woman makes her heart bleed.

she knew it from the start, developing feelings in this kind of deal will hurt her more than anything.