𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Vulnerable to the presence of evil

___________________________

I'm not a stranger to waking up to the feeling of coldness however, this time felt different.

Usually it was quite me the unpleasant feeling, all your bones aching, goosebumps rising on your skin and the bitter breeze brushing against the flesh that was once warm.

But when I opened my eyes, it felt kinda good.

I was alone in amongst the war zone I created before my sleep but my body felt relaxed.The pills must have had an effect because it was now dark outside and the sun that once split the sky was now no where in sight.

I rubbed my eyes and stood up on my feet recollecting the memories of the room that I had destroyed.

Glass shattered, spilled condiments on the floor, my bed messier than usual.I sighed knowing I had lost my temper, yet again.

I used my wand to clean the room, returning it to the way it was before.The cuts from the glass shards on my hands were dried up and the ringing in my ears was gone.

I could get used to this.

I changed out my uniform into some leggings and a hoodie.I didn't have any plans for the evening but the thirst I was experiencing wasn't something I liked.

Looking in the mirror that was once broken I traced my fingers over the deep bags under my eyes and the pale discolour of my lips.

I had no energy to put makeup on so I shrugged it off and left the room to retrieve a drink.

The halls were quiet and the common room was empty.I wasn't too bothered but it was weird how not one student was in sight.

The dark corridor was colder than I imagined so I quickened my pace to the kitchen.The moon was full and the wolves howled in the forrest surrounding the school.

I slipped between the tall dark doors to the kitchen and noticed a small house elf sitting by a small fire.

"Hello, can I help you"she was sweet, and her miniature size was cute compared to the other elves.