Beast (Hank)

Includes: Touching (clean only), and some fluff, no smut in this one sadly 😻

You had been living in a broken school for awhile now, with only a drunk Charles and a good friend of yours Hank. You two would look after Charles and even encourage him to stop drinking which of course never worked out too well. You and Hank had become close in doing this, when Charles would be taking his regularly scheduled naps or even just resting, you two would hang out amongst yourselves.

One night Hank had been sitting in the kitchen on one of the stools, absorbed in his work he happened to be doing at the moment. Hank had taken up a job to help with payments for the school, Charles happened to have money of course but not enough brains at the moment to spend it on taxes and bills.

"Hey love," You said from behind him leaning on the door. You always liked to call him pet names, ones in the romantic department mostly, only because he would get unbelievably flustered and flash the cutest smile you've ever seen at you. But tonight he didn't even turn to look at you like he usually would, he kept focus on his stack of papers.

You furrowed your brows and walked beside him leaning over his shoulder to catch a glimpse at what he was doing, then to his face, his face was scrunched up in an angered manor, he looked to be confused, "Need any help Henry?" This finally grasped his attention rather than hearing another one of his names you gave him or Hank made him lose his anger in turn for confusion.

"What'd you say?" He asked pushing his glasses up with his two fingers on the side.

"Need help Hanky?" You smiled as you these words slipped your mouth, sure you were teasing him but you'd rather have his focus on something else that won't make him beast out. When he gets too angry his skin starts turning blue and he turns into a full blown...beast. And seeing as this work is making him angry you thought you'd just do it for him, it was only correcting theorems after all.

His smile finally touched his lips making you chuckle, "Alright, what's going on?"

You raised a brow and shook your head, "Nothing's going on, just thought you could use a break and I could-"

He cut you off by laughing at your antics, "No," He smiled, "I'm not letting you do all the work for me again, you've done enough of that to last a lifetime."

"That is true," You teased moving closer to him, "But you need rest, you look tired and even sound tired," You reached your hand out past him and placed it on the papers inching them closer to you.

He stopped you action by placing his hand onto yours, "I already told you I have this." His voice was now sounding stern making you blush scarlet slightly.  He noticed your blush and removed his hand from yours quickly.

His hand happened to be placed close to the edge of the counter now, you placed yours onto his making his eyes widen, you kept your expression serious, "Come on Hank, you're exhausted." Your eyes turned soft and hinted with worry, you didn't like how hard he worked and wished he would take a break every now and then, when he did have a break he wouldn't use it to rest he would only use it to be with you.

He nodded taking in your worried words, "I admire how much you care but-"

"But nothing, if you aren't going to do this for you, can you at least do this for me?" You pleaded to him.

He let out a goofy smile and raised a brow, "You really want me to rest?" You nodded in response making him chortle, "Alright then I will, but you have to join me, you look terrible."

You widened your eyes at this and gaped at him jokingly, "Terrible?"

His eyes widened and he stuttered, "W-well I meant-"

You laugh at his response making him frown, "I was just playing around," You smiled and moved your hand up his arm gently, "Now come on Beasty, let's get some rest."

'~~

THIS IS WHEN HES YOUNG
I just thought I'd add that, this is when "Days of our future past" takes place, but a little before Logan comes to seek Charles.