1🍄

Y/N POV

After a wonderful camping trip, I head back to my parent's home as I have been called. 

Lord knows what crazy shit they might want me to do.

At the age of 24, I have no desire to get married,  much to my mother's horror.

To her, women of high status should marry rich men to make connections and money.

I grew up hearing that since I could understand what would be expected of me as the only daughter in our family.

Let's just say, she completely put me off the idea of marriage, or at least her idea of it.

It all sounded terrible, completely demolishing the idea that one can have not just success but love in such a union.

I am telling you it is all a crock of shit.

 How many women, rich, influential women have I seen miserable as they plaster a fake smile on their faces, acting like their lives a just peachy while their husband is bagging someone on the side?

Yet they stay for the lifestyle as they slowly begin to die inside.

As a child, I witnessed A LOT and heard many things.

I got so much dirt on people, you could call me a gardener.

I just lost all faith in love because I never saw it myself.

It sort of became an illusion, a myth of some sort.

I just don't believe anymore.

 In my parents' circle, marriage is a business transaction, something I do not care for nor want.

I rather live and die alone than be tied to some businessman. They are really the worst and the shadiest.

Plus the world is too beautiful and life is too short for me to be stuck in a mansion as a housewife.

Ugh! Just the word housewife makes me break out into hives.

After all, that is what is expected of me. No thanks.

I leave my van, Walter, parked away from the Mansion, my poor old man does not fit in this neighborhood and my mom strongly hates my van.

Walking up the way with Fyn by my side we make it to my parent's extravagant as hell home.

It's too freaking extra for me.

Once upon a  time when I was little and saw everything in rose color glasses, I would see this home as a palace, making me the princess, now it's just bothersome.

Seeing the size and extravagance as a flex for everyone to see how rich we are.

Walking in, I follow Fyn who already knows where my parents are.

Just by the way they are seated expecting me, I know that this is going to be bad.

"Do you have to bring that beast with you Y/N!" my mom says her nose scrunching up in disgust.

She has hated Fyn since the day I got him and makes no secret of it.

"Fyn, Down," I say, and my lovely boy comes to my side, tail wagging before he lays at my feet.

Fyn is a huge dog, one of the biggest breeds of dogs out there, making him super scary and intimidating.

But in reality, he is the sweetest, most cuddliest baby ever.

My mother won't hear it or even give him a chance.

"So, why did you call me?" I say bored, wanting this to be over with.