Pt. 1: when worlds meet

yoooooo first story pog! fair warning this is gonna be very cringe as it is my first and probably last story. i doubt i will even post it but who knows.

anyways enjoy i guess?!??!?!?!

(P.S first few chapters are probably gonna be short)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun blinds those who are afraid to wake up early. Luckily for Cypress she wasn't afraid of much, especially not the sun. The sun had been the only dependable thing in her life. No matter what happened on earth, the sun rose and set every day without fail. Cypress longed to be as dependable as the sun and for the most part she had become so. Never straying too far from the path before her. Was it boring, yes, but it was stable. Stability was a treasure that many people took for granted, and cypress was determined to enjoy every bit of her own. As a child she had taken advantage of the stability her parents had provided, at least for some of her childhood.

That morning, like many others, Cypress was perched on the moss-covered walls surrounding the city she lived and worked in, watching the sunrise. It was one of the few completely peaceful moments that she could take for herself, though the deepest part of her heart longed for someone to share it with. Not only just that moment but the life she had built, she longed to be able to provide stability for someone else like no one had ever done for her. Once the sun had risen to a point where there were no longer early morning shadows cast on the ground, Cypress turned her attention to the people within the walls. Specifically, the marketplace. Her residence for the rest of the day, as well as her only source of income. Watching as the town square got busier and busier, and the crowds around stalls became thicker. 

Cypress climbed down the wall with as more grace than anyone would normally have that soon after sunrise, using the vines that grew naturally, doing her best to avoid certain branches she knew were weak. She used one of the many winding paths that lead from the main strip of road to the outside walls. The main street had always been a prominent feature of the town, but the walls had only been put in place a few years after her birth. She turned the last corner of the small alley way that spilled out into the market. Whenever she had the pleasure of walking through the market instead of being stuck behind her own stall her eyes never failed to wander to stalls of all different types and the types of people at each. Richer citizens who were dragged to jewelry stalls by their adoring wives. Young adventurers admiring fancy, but ultimately impractical, weapons. And traders like her yearning to sell enough products to feed their family through winter. Each trader marketing to the best of their abilities to outshine their competition, even though in a town as small as hers there were barely any. But for cypress it was different, no one on this side of the river could do what she did. Cypress's stall alone outshined the rest. While most stalls were piled high with goods and signs advertising said goods, Cypress's had none. Her stall, though lacking, was by no means plain. The stall's walls weren't walls but bookshelves. The immediate area around her shop was teaming with magic anyone with at least a small magical index could see, in the form of a greenish glow. 

"Where in the worlds have you been?" a voice said from behind her startling her out of her thoughts. Cypress opened her mouth to produce an excuse, but after a warning look from the person, she closed her mouth and sighed in defeat.

"That's what I thought. Now go. The market is already open." The market manager said Cypress offered only an eye roll in response. The market manager, she thought, must have been one of the most unsavory people she had ever met. 

"Half of my profit goes to him and for what" she muttered to herself as she entered her stall from a small opening in one of the bookshelves. After scanning the crowd now in front of her she got to work. lining up bottles that were essential for her craft, dusting bookshelves, and mentally preparing herself for the day to come. 

Once her stall was prepared, Cypress decided to prepare herself for the mentally taxing day to come with the most recent book she had been reading. A moment of calm before the sea of chaos that the market was sure to bring. After reading for a few minutes Cypress's eyes begin to wander back to the crowds that were standing idly at different stalls. Quite a few bystanders had their eyes trained on her stall, as if entranced by the magic. In a small village like hers she was sure very few had encountered magic of her type. She definitely would not have been surprised if a few denounced the use of magic like hers. Apart from the odd straggler and noble, most shoppers were dressed in the same outfit, a signature of northern villagers, traders were known to wear similar clothes but a step up in vibrancy. One other person had caught cypress's eye, not a person but what they were wearing. 

The tall man wrapped in a red cloak and adorned with small bits of gold certainly was a change of pace from the dull silver armor and faded purples and blues of the north. But what stood out the most, besides the various small animal skulls hanging from his belt was the man himself. From the distance Cypress couldn't make out any facial features, but she could make out many scars trailing down his face and neck. As the man got closer cypress found more and more things about the man that intrigued her. He was the most interesting person she had seen in a long time, and she was certain he would be for a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1022 words) (edited)

yo im back, ive had a couple chapters edited so im gonna post them. this story is pretty much over and if enough people want it i'll post a summary of what i had planned for the end.