ikatlo

chapter three : jongho says good morning

kang yeosang.

Yeosang hugged his pillow even closer to him while as he felt the sun shine on his face. The sun’s rays were gentle on him, like a a mother's caress on his face when she wakes him up in the morning and then aggressively shaking him— aggressively shaking him?

"Get your head out of the pillows already, princess! It's already late."

Ah right, the grim reaper. And the stupid secret third thing about getting one's soul.

The grim reaper once again settled himself on Yeosang's bed, leaning on the headboard as he shook Yeosang. Luckily for him, Yeosang's brain hasn't caught up with it and is still in the clouds or else, he was surely on the floor and clutching his ribs already.

Yeosang was lucky enough for the reaper to get out of his house around eleven in the evening and get a full eight hour sleep. (He's still not convinced that the reaper really exited his house but whatever, as long as he was gone and out of his sight.)

He then decides to disregard the reaper and just let the rays of the sun hit his face, savoring the warmth of it as a cool breeze followed through the gaps of the window. Change of plans, he'll just ignore the reaper until it gets tired. After all, it's always been like that. Everyone gets tired and leaves— humans, animals, plants, and even reapers.

"This bastard, why isn't he locking his windows. What if you get a cold or something? Stupid, what should I even expect from humans?"

Yeosang almost jolted up when he heard the reaper speak again, thinking he had already left. But again, it's OPLAN: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck™.

'Exactly, what a great plan.' Yeosang thought.

(Spoiler: It wasn't a great plan. The reaper kept bothering him.)

"Oy, human. Kang Yeosang, wake up." The reaper started to shake him again. Nonetheless, Yeosang stayed unbothered.

"Come on, if you aren't set on dying then get up. I'm hungry, cook for me."

'What an asshole.' Yeosang thought to himself once again. 'Were other reapers this shameless?'

"Hey, wake up! I still need to take your soul, come on!" Yeosang sat up this time, still with his bed head and glared at the reaper that woke him up.

"And I still have work to attend to. So again, get out of my house. Never come back."

"Why won't you just willingly let me take your soul so we're all done?" Yeosang just answered the other with a roll of his eyes and stood up to fix his bed. The reaper followed and stood up too, but did not do anything to help making the bed. "Come on, I'm basically stuck with you unless I take your soul. And my boss is the type that doesn't want to see faces of reapers who failed their cases.”

When he's done fixing his bed, he walked towards his closet and prepared his clothes— completely ignoring the nagging and whining reaper that's following him around in circles.

"Okay fine, let's view it like a business agreement then." The reaper starts again. "Remember the third thing? I grant you a wish and I take your soul. I can even send you benefits if you have any wishes for the next life if I can talk to the higher ups."