x. the sweet sound of soft melodies

X

X. THE SWEET SOUND OF
SOFT MELODIES

   KATHERINE Pierce wasn't dead, but selfishly, Ivy wished she was.

   If Katherine was dead, the agony of her loss would've hurt less, but the circumstances surrounding her disappearance were not as it seemed.

   Damon had spent over one hundred years waiting to be reunited with the woman he loved; only to learn that the entire time, she was walking the Earth at the same time he did.

  So, selfishly, Ivy wished that her former friend had not survived that night— to save Damon from the bitter sting of rejection he felt now.

It was wrong for her to feel that way— she knew it was, but she could only think about the betrayal her brother was facing by the woman he loved; who he thought had loved him.

   Over one hundred years' worth of yearning and love— tossed aside by the brutal truth that in all those years, Katherine never sought him out.

   Ivy never wanted to wish ill upon anyone, human or supernatural, but she couldn't deny the anger brewing within her at the deception of Katherine Pierce.

   Ivy may not be a vampire, but she would protect her brothers no matter the cost.

   PHONES were confusing.

This is why Stefan's cellphone he had lent Ivy was now sitting opposite of her in Stefan's bedroom; Ivy may have gotten startled by the noises and thrown it across the room again.

But if Stefan asked, Ivy had no idea how the phone ended up over there. If the phone could talk, then it could easily grow legs and walk away.

Right?

The phone was long forgotten by the youngest Salvatore— who was now using Stefan's books to press flowers she had gotten from the backyard.

Ivy knew she was supposed to be learning and practicing modern things, but she needed to comfort herself, even for just a moment.

There were a few small things that Ivy found comfort in, things that kept her grounded, even if they seemed unimportant to other people: for her, she found comfort in pressing flowers, tea, holding her locket, and a few other minuscule things.

So when the cellphone she was supposed to be learning how to use startled her, she needed to momentarily ground herself— to provide herself with comfort in something familiar.