Chapter 1

He was a young child, around elementary school age. He had been doing his homework when his mother hurriedly grabbed him and shoved him inside of the closet. 

"Stay in here and don't make any sound, okay Donald?"

Donald nodded and covered his mouth. He was already used to these types of situations. It was nearly a daily occurrence when his father would come home drunk and act violently towards him and his mother.

The door was loudly kicked open and a large hulking figure staggered into the house. His fath—no, that man wasn't a father and has never been a father to him. That monster started yelling at Donald's mother. Donald's mom tried to calm calm the beast down, but the beast grabbed a nearby kitchen knife and started swinging wildly.

Donald silently gasped as he watched his mother receive cuts along her arms.

"Honey...Please...please stop..."

"Like hell I'm stopping, you bitch!"

Donald could do nothing but remain silent in his hiding spot as he watched the monster attack his mother. He was weak and wouldn't be able to do anything against the monster if he were to fight. If the monster found him, he'd surely die.

The sight of his mother getting hurt became unbearable and he clenched his eyes shut, wishing he were anywhere but here.

Donald's eyes flew open and he woke up with a gasp, jolting into a sitting position. His eyes quickly flickered around the room and it took him a few minutes to recognize that he wasn't in that hellhole anymore. He was in his apartment. There was no way that monster could be anywhere near him.

"Damn it!" Donald gripped part of his face. "Fuck!" 

He hated remembering his abusive childhood. He was already in therapy to help cope with the trauma and had been prescribed medication to help with his PTSD episodes, but he hated it when his past haunted him in his dreams.

He traced over the ink patterns on his skin. Multiple scars adorned his pale body but he hated the sight of those scars. They were a sign of his weakness as a child so he covered his scars with tattoos. Adults always lectured the youth about following the law but for the right price, laws can be bent. Such was the case of Donald getting full body tattoos as a minor.

Donald glanced over at the clock. It was too early to head to school but too late to go back to sleep. He grabbed his phone off his nightstand and decided to play some puzzle games for a bit to keep his mind busy. He wanted to forget about his past and he wanted to forget about that nightmare he just had.

XXX

'I'm alone. I've always been alone,' Donald thought as he began to walk to school and saw young children with their families. 'It's nothing new to me. Even to this day, I'm alone. The only person I have is myself,'

He lit a cigarette once he was a bit away from the preschool and elementary school. 'I've already come to terms with my loneliness. There is no one else I can trust in this cruel, fucked up world except myself. I can't even trust the police or adults since all they care about is money and power,'

He bit down on the filter of his cigarette. 'So then why does it bother me now!? Why am I now being bothered by the sight of those happily children and happy families!? I've always seen them each morning on my way to school!'

He decided to take a detour to a park and sat down on a bench to finish his cigarette. 'I grew up without parents, but I'm very successful right now. I have a lot of money and can afford brand name clothing and dine at expensive restaurants. I have my own organization, although illegal, but very efficient and gaining income. I've worked hard to become strong and claim the throne of Rank 1 in Yeongdeungpo,'

He let out a tired sigh and exhaled a large puff of grey smoke. "I'm only human, so it's natural to desire things I don't have,"

Even though he was already nearly an adult, there were still some things he craved a family and love. After all, love and belonging were part of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. This included friendships and familial relationships, but Donald had none of those.

Screams snapped Donald out of his thoughts and he stood up to turn to the source. People were shouting and crying out as a truck lost control and was wildly rushing down the road...straight towards Donald.

Donald didn't have any time to get away as he was hit head on.

Here's another installment to the Road series: Road to Donald!

The cover is supposed to be Gayoon Choi hugging Chibi Donald. I would've also drawn Hwajin in there but I ran out of space.

To clarify, this is not the canon universe of Get Schooled/True Education because, well, Gayoon's alive.