War Starts in Bloodshed

Chapter 3:

Ezra made it back to the temple, wasting no time as he searched for Echo, "Ezra." A deep voice greeted his name, leaning against the hallway wall when Ezra turned the corner, the young assassin sighed at the sight of his older brother. Demius is three years older then Ezra, he holds a higher rank yet Ezra exceeds him in every class. They seem to always rival each other, more so Demius then Ezra.  "Look, I don't have time to hurt your pride, can we do this later?" He spoke before brushing past him, Demius grabbed his arm, "Where are you going that's so important?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.  Ezra looked back at his brother before jerking his arm away, he had to think of something, "Echo developed some new tech so we're gonna do some field test." He answered before continuing his walk down the hallway.  "Oh, you're useless without your girlfriend huh?" Demius spoke, causing Ezra to stop in his tracks.  "What? Does it sting you to know that I have a partner? It must suck having to fail on your own." He shot back, catching a sight of the evil look his brother was giving him before disappearing around a corner.

Ezra knocked on Echos door, glancing down the hall before he felt her hands grab his shoulders and pulled him into the room, "This doesn't seem right, tech ninjas aren't supposed to leave the temple unless given orders by the GrandMaster." Echo panicked as she paced, fiddling with her fingers.  Ezra sighed as he shook his head, "It's fine, if others ask we're doing some field tests." He explained as he walked over to her bed, grabbing her backpack of all her gear.  "This just doesn't seem right, I mean why would your dad send you to a base that has been touched in god knows how long?"  Ezra clenched his teeth, none of it seemed right but Ezra didn't have time to dwell in unsure questions without gathering soild intel, he stayed quiet as he continued to gather the tools he knew she would need, it wasn't until she grabbed his arm that he stopped in his tracks.  "Ezra, you know as well as I do that something isn't right about this." Ezra clenched his teeth, zipping her bag and handing it to her  "We need to leave." He commented calmly, brushing past her as he walked out the door.  "You were cooler before you got your rank." Echo muttered before following close behind him.

By the time they made it back to the base the sun was starting to settle behind the trees, giving off a pinkish tint to the sky. Ezra pressed the password in before the door slid open.
Echo doesn't really leave the temple, she isn't a friend of fighting, she hated it. So she focused on helping in other ways such as Intel gathering, hacking and medic, she was also highly trained I'm weaponry, making her the perfect person to have on your team. She sighed in awe as she looked around, shining the flashlight across the cobweb filled walls, dusty screens hung from the ceiling.  "This is so cool." Echo smiled before running over to the power box, opening it. "Wow, this is something else, I haven't seen this type of tech in awhile!" She exclaimed before pulling off her backpack, opening it up.
While she worked on the power Ezra went exploring the building, shining his flashlight in different doorways but nothing could catch his eyes, dust and skeletons riddled the floor, along with ripped paper and rusted swords. "Whatever happened here, didn't end without a fight." Ezra shook his head before walking back into the main room.

Soon the building hummed with life, lights and dusty computer screens shined brightly. "Old or new, always works for Echo." Echo hummed as she twirled a tool around before slipping it into one of her pouches, Ezra rolled his eyes before walking over to the main computer, he typed a few keys before a password appeared on the screen, he turned his head and opened his mouth before Echo held her hand up, walking over to the computer. "I know, I know." She stated as she knelt down and added a small device in the wiring under the keyboard, soon the password appeared in the boxes and granted them access.

"Whoa, there's everything in here!" Echo stated in awe at the file names, Ezra rolled his eyes, "We need to know what happened here be -" He stopped when he heard tires against the ground, the squeaking of the brakes, Echo turned on the front security camera, causing her to gasp loudly at the sight of the person getting out of the car.

It was Ezra's brother, Demius.