#6

┏━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━┓
Chapter Six
第6章
Matsuda Jotaro
┗━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━┛

She didn't know how long she had been staring at the MRT, but it was definitely long enough for Asami to remember where the tumor was and how big and fast it was spreading

She didn't know how long she had been staring at the MRT, but it was definitely long enough for Asami to remember where the tumor was and how big and fast it was spreading. Normally, Asami never had any trouble with removing tumors from cancer patients but this specific tumor was different. It wasn't in a spot of the brain where she could easily remove it without risking damaging a neural system of the patient.

In addition, she was under a lot more pressure since the patient was most likely Matsuda's father.

If anything went wrong during the operation, she would be forever marked as the killer of her friend's dad. She didn't want Matsuda to end up hating her because she wasn't able to save his father. No, Matsuda was way too important to her so Asami had to find a way to remove the cancer without causing any damage.

"We can't do this operation, it's way too dangerous. The best thing is to just send him back home and let him spend his last months with his family and friends." Itou suggested, making Asami roll her eyes in annoyance.

"Are you serious right now? We can't just do nothing and let him die. We have to remove the tumor in his brain!"

Itou, who was sitting in front of his desk, shook his head. "It's impossible to remove the tumor without him taking any damage. You and I both know that if we do one wrong move, he is going to die."

"Yeah, but there's still a chance that he won't die. I'm confident that if we both work together, we can remove this tumor without him taking any damage." Asami assured with a confident tone in her voice.

The elder doctor let out a frustrating sigh. "There's still a sixty precent chance that he's going to die. Don't you think it's more reasonable to send him back home so he could spend his last months with his friends and family?"

Asami looked down at her hands. Normally, she would have agreed with her mentor but this was a totally different scenario. "Four months isn't enough... he's not going to see Jinpei graduate from the Police Academy."

Itou raised one eyebrow in surprise. "Eh? I never thought I would ever see you let your personal feelings get involved in your work. What happened? Did you fall in love with that Matsuda guy?"

"Of course not! He's my friend and I care about him!" Asami flushed embarrassed.

As if I would fall in love with someone like Matsuda. He isn't even my type.

If she was being honest, Asami couldn't even remember if she ever had fallen in love with someone. Sure, the young woman had small crushes over the years and yes, she also had a couple of relationships but they neve really were that serious and it never lasted longer than a few months. So yeah, Asami didn't understand the whole concept of love and why people were so obsessed with finding 'their one true love' and starting their own family. For her, it was just a waste of time.