-The Art of War-

Prime Minister Christina Warren, the Northern States of Azeroth's head of state, was prepared to meet with Authoritarian General Diaz Renaldi of Southern Azeroth. While they despised one another and clashed with each other's ideals and ways of governance, they recognized that this summit was a necessary measure owing to the increasing number of soldiers gathered at the northern frontier. While Cristina and Diaz did not get along and saw each other as political enemies, they always placed Azeroth and her people first, even if it meant meeting to negotiate a future coalition between the two administrations. During this time, Azeroth made concerted initiatives to reach contact with King Atka and Queen Nita of Cordonia. These measures were launched with the goal that Cordonia would be prepared to form a coalition with Azeroth in the event that the Imperial Sundarian Army invaded. They knew that neither country stood a chance on their own, as they would be effortlessly defeated and forced to submit to the empire, but if they joined forces and both waged war on Sundari, they would be capable of holding them off long enough to devise a strategy or motivate more world powers to join the forces, forming a potent Federation that would certainly stand a good chance against the Imperial Empire. After exerting significant effort, they realized that the only thing they could do was wait for a response from Cordonia's Royals. While Azeroth planned and waited for Cordonia to assist them, Sundari was already holding military conferences and devising incursion and war preparations. Sylvia was there at the conference not to command how it would proceed, but her permission would be required by the executive council of generals in order for this proposal to be implemented. Sylvia sat at the far edge of the table and listened in. "I propose that we infiltrate Azeroth while they are making preparations; they are too weak to defend us off on their own, and they are attempting to encourage nations; if we obliterate them now, while they are isolated, it'll be an overwhelming victory for Sundari, and it will devastate the confidence of many surrounding countries," they said. "Yes, I agree on that strategy, it will simply serve to discourage these states even more. But also, who is to say that even if we attack now and seize control of Azeroth, the remainder of these countries won't band together and declare war? Sundari is powerful, but we simply can not take on the rest of the world just yet, General Hinata. I agree with your proposal that we attack Azeroth right now as that realm is not only enormous as a whole, but also entirely uninformed and poorly prepared. Azeroth will not only be under an imperial protectorate, but will also see a vast amount of land taken in a brief span of time by our troops. The rest of the world will witness a great power collapsing in front of us, instilling instantaneous and intense dread in their government bodies." "I agree with both of your positions, General Hiyoshi and General Hinata. Both of you are correct at this moment. Forces invading Azeroth would indeed give the possibility of the larger kingdoms gaining more preparation time as the government would warn them and give them time to be able to honorably declare war, but not if we go straight for the capitol, At this moment, I agree with the plan that we should attack Azeroth's Capital in the expectation that a rapid and massive victory will persuade the many other bordering nations to reverse course and bow to Sundari's forgiveness should they learn of it. While we are there it will also disable any chance of warning neighboring nations due to the great border walls isolating each country, we can also place Chancellor Warren and Supreme General Diaz under arrest and keep them in Imperial Custody" Empress Sylvia took note, eager to be heard as she observed the generals react to what she had just stated. Yokai was roaming through the Imperial Palace and he was already aware of the council meeting and their lengthy invasion preparations. Yokai was lost in contemplation as he went through Livadia Palace's majestic corridors. He realized that the only way to fulfill his objective was to first win Her Imperial Majesty.. The Empress's heart. The High Council of Generals and Empress Sylvia had reached a decision after many hours of deliberation. "We will attack Azeroth's Capitol in order to render them weak and vulnerable. While we won't be capable of attacking every nation, defeating Azeroth will undoubtedly benefit Sundari" General Hiyoshi indicated as they all agreed on the plan. The Council was now aware as General Hinata spoke up. "Yes, I vote in favor of this plan as well, and with the large percentage of our votes in favor, it will become our strategy. The Imperial Armies will require extensive preparatory work before the Great Battle begins." Sylvia nodded as she joined the Generals. "This will be a conflict that will go down in Sundarian history... a war that will cement my position as Sundari's strongest Imperial Monarch." "Now prepare for war, my friends... this is only the start of the long-overdue destiny Sundari deserves," Sylvia said as they exited the war room. Sylvia smiled to herself as she reflected. 'Be prepared... you will all fall victim to the empire's might.