A mistake of droplets

March 8th, 22nd century...

The day that went wrong i didn't know it was raining, what happened was i was just trying to get more mora because well my husband has been doing lots but i wasn't. I felt a little guilty since he's out all day working hard to get those Moras but i was at home making fabrics, i'm a fabric maker and designer not everyday i get to sell them so i get very little Mora.

So that day i got a job from my friends, well one of them was more like my daughter. Amethyst and Zina. They both suggested a job that well if i say so it was Zina who told me this whole ghost or spirit hunting job, she said that her bestfriend Chongyun has a place where they go hunting for ghosts and exchange the souls for Mora.

And so i decided to do that job since i was free and was already done with making designs and sewing fabrics that i got orders from the citizens who live in Mondstadt. Now to go to that one freaky place...

~timeskip brought to you by Zhongli's fat ass 😻~

"Ugh...brr" i shivered as the cold air Hits my skin, i didn't think it would be this chilly here. "This place seems unusual and odd....well that's why Amethyst and Zina suggested to hunt here, I'm already getting kind of chilly by just looking at it" this is for our anniversary anyways and i feel guilty that I'm making my husband go out to work....i should get this done quickly and i can go back home...

As i stepped in the house to the open hall i felt chills behind my back...it was as if someone was behind me. I didn't give any mind honestly since i already expected souls who would attack me. *BANG BANG * And then the door closed as i was fully in the room.

"OH GOD WHAT THE HECK IN THE MORA WAS THAT?!" i screamed...it was a bit embarrassing i haven't even got into the rest of the rooms in the house. If Zhongli was here he would've hugged me and comforted me or teased me...i sighed as i keep walking through the house looking around but then i saw something walk past me....

I turned around as my heartbeats got faster and my breath getting heavier...i looked but what i saw was not what i was expecting. It was a black figure who had a kitsune mask as their mask i couldn't see what they were or what they looked like i sprint out the door where i came throught first and i ran and ran and ran into the forest near the bridge of Mondstadt, and it was raining but it didn't matter if i would get a fever or get sick at the time i just kept running and as i reached the bridge i slipped but i got up again and ran to my house.

~Today 9th March, 2022~

I realized that my husband was up but last night i didn't talk to him and just went straight to bed after i washed up my face and my legs trying to cool and calm myself down by doing so, i wanted to forget it but the mask was so familiar i tried to think of where i saw it first but i couldn't get a thing for it. I decided to try forgetting it by sleeping.

As i woke up i tried to sit up, but then i couldn't get up or move around instead i got this banging in my head and it wasn't a great feeling, i realized that i got a hangover today and didn't care to even open my little store up.

But then i saw my husband going around finding his necktie ( specifically the one i made him) and he saw me laying in bed and he gave a kiss on my forehead, "Oh my, are you alright love? Your forehead is burning up" he said and i shaked my head no.

"What happened love? Do you have a fever?" He asked i didn't say anything he asked again "Were you out yesterday in the rain, love? I told you to come back home earlier yesterday morning didn't i, since the weather was pretty cloudy." I stayed silent.

He sighed softly and slowly he started walking around back and fourth in the room thinking what to do, but then suddenly he left. And i was kind of sad since i thought he was going to work not minding me...and then i heard the water faucet running and after i took a nap for about 30 minutes i smelled something nice like hm...one of my favorite sick food Chicken Tofu Porridge i thought i was hallucinating when i saw Zhongli coming into the room and helped me up to eat.

He started cooling the porridge down and started feeding me helping me to eat , i couldn't wish for more right now i felt at ease forgetting that i had a fever. And then he started talking softly almost like a whisper "Why did you go out in the rain last evening my love?..." I just sat there dumfounded, and i tried to open my mouth and speak but my voice sounded like i hadn't drink water for days dry and raspy but i managed to say something "I was hunting souls for Moras..." I coughed a little.

Zhongli got up from the bed and go back into the kitchen to get something then he came back with a glass full of water just what I needed , he helped me to drink the water but his behavior seems like he was upset or something. So i started to talk after drinking all the water again. "Zhong you know i just wanted to help it was nothing at all i thought i could help a li-" he cutted me off saying "But did you need to do something stupid just to get some Moras? Now look at you, you can't even speak clearly without sounding like you haven't drunk water at all"

.......silence was so loud i felt tears flowing down my face..

Zhongli's expression changed to a more softer one than he had before he looked like he regreted of what he has said to you he started "I-im sorry my love, i didn't mean to make you cry at all . It wasn't my intention darling I'm sorry..." His voice cracked as he apologized.

But i wasn't crying because of what he had said at all it was a part of my fault kind of, i should've gotten an umbrella and he told me that it was gonna rain heavily yesterday too i started to talk again "No it's not your fault, it was mine i should've gotten an umbrella i should've been focused on what you said I-" he cutted me of with a kiss. And i closed my eyes kissing him back slowly after pulling away he hugged me tightly i hugged him back slowly kind of worried that he might get the fever from me but it doesn't matter at that time, what mattered was that he cared for me deeply that he doesn't even care about his work or that he was gonna be sick after kissing me...it felt like heaven it felt warm it felt like.... Love.

And the next day after my husband comforting me he got sick too. Guess it's my turn to heal him with my Love.

~Ze End~

Also requests open!