𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

-This story takes place in a medieval-like fantasy world and often may have sexist themes, this doesn't NOT mean I support those ideas.
-It also has a yandere male lead, yanderes are something I write for a lot but these actions should not be considered okay in real life, partners in a relationship should be equal and if you ever find yourself in a situation where your significant other is controlling them leave that relationship immediately, that is not healthy or please contact help.

...

He was kind. Much kinder than he should be to someone of your stature. He'd stop to listen to your thoughts and laugh at your jokes, not at you. He would compliment you every chance he got and never hesitated to speak his mind. But above all, he respected you. Treated you like an equal, not a mere plaything or source of entertainment.
Of course, Siwang was nowhere near as rich as a certain foreign noble so he had little means to spend as much time with you with The Madams knowledge. So instead your meetings were always secret. Meeting at the alley behind the building at night, between breaks or whenever else he had time on his hands and you were away from prying eyes.
And before you knew it, promises of a new life started to form. A life far away from the cruel city and its red light district you seemed to be bound to, one where you could do as you pleased, away from the glaring eyes of The Madam and the unforgiving gaze of the man who seemed to occupy most of your day.

But during all of this time he was nowhere to be seen. No sign of Lucius, or whatever he was called, for weeks. It was strange, but welcome. Above all, it was peaceful. You had always found something about him and his jewel-like sapphire eyes unsettling. The way he peered into your soul with a smile so bright you'd think he was sculpted by the gods themselves but spoke of  things so foul even evil spirits would avoid him.
Perhaps that's why you felt your stomach drop and heart beat cease, even if just for a mere instant.

"You look so displeased with the mere sight of me." He said, a light chuckle escaping his lips.

"When have I ever looked happy after seeing you?" You were quick to retort him, taking a sip of the warm tea set in front of you.
"...I had official work to do but lucky for me I'm almost done." Lucius continued, on and on about meetings and people you had only heard of from rumors, completely ignoring your previous statement.
However you couldn't brush off the closing distance between you two. You'd grown accustomed to sitting at opposite ends of a table, separated by the small wooden structure and tea ornaments displayed in between. Used to the distance he'd offered.
You tried to shift away, just slightly. Not enough to be noticed, or so you'd thought, immediately proven wrong by the hand that suddenly grabbed on to your arm.

"Stay put."

Ah, you suddenly realized what he was doing. He rested his head on your lap, whatever order once i his hair all gone, replaced by a mess of black locks and his eyes always set so scrutinizingly on you closed—even if just momentarily.
Maybe it's because you've never been in such close proximity to him, or maybe it's because it was him that was so close, your body felt stiff, uncomfortable all over. You wanted nothing more than to push him aside and Lucius noticed that as well.

"We both know I could do much worse, don't we?"
It was strange, concerning. You knew very well the power he held over you, no one would bat a eye even if he did the most heinous of things to you, no one would care.
You've never been good at concealing you emotions, an open book in most cases. Whatever it was, you made it easy for Lucius to read you.

"Come now why the serious face. It's not like I'd do anything." You doubted that.
"I'm not sure what it is but the closer I am to you the more at ease I feel, it's like my head shuts down. Y'know?" You could only nod in acknowledgment, not sure how to reply. His constant rambling was common but it isn't often the male says something even decent about you.