Chapter 6

Kiara woke up the next morning with her little sister screaming in her ear. 

"Wake up, wake up!" Her little sister, Judy, yelled. 

"I'm up, just five more minutes," Kiara put her pillow over her head. Judy rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. Judy was just only ten years old and she was such a bossy pants. 

"Daddy's making pancakes." 

Kiara sighed, knowing she can not eat her dad's world famous pancakes. Well, probably not world famous but that's what it felt like to her. She got up, rubbing her eyes and went to the bathroom to take a shower and brush her teeth. Kiara didn't bother to brush her hair. Her hair was naturally curly and if you even stuck a brush through it, it would get frizzy and she absolutely hated that. She went back to her room and picked out her clothes. She decided to wear all black today because it was just one of those days. Kiara slipped on a tshirt and pants and tugged on a beanie. She walked down the stairs to smell pancakes and eggs roaming through her house. She kissed her dad on the cheek as she say down next to Judy.

"Morning sweetheart," Her dad, Jacob, smiled. "How was your night? You have any weird dreams?" 

Kiara was known for having weird dreams, since she was six years old she would come to the breakfast table and tell her dad about this insane dream that she was eaten by an octopus and her dad would just smile and sit there. Kiara actually had a dream about Calum last night but she wasn't going to tell her dad that so she shook her head. 

"Nope," She took a plate and piled pancakes on it. She wasn't a big fan of eggs. 

"I had a dream!" Judy exclaimed. "It was about mom and how she bought be so many dogs and I just really want dogs, daddy." 

Jacob pat Judy on the head as he sat down with his breakfast and coffee. 

"Maybe one day," he said as he sipped his coffee. "So, Kiara, Mr. Forrester told me you're doing a project for his class."

"Yeah," Kiara nodded. "It's about race and stuff."

"How's it coming along?"

Kiara shrugged. "Good, I guess. My group had our first meeting about it yesterday."

"Who are you working with?" 

Kiara took a sip of her water. "Janet McCatherine, Ken Wu, Kelly De Rosa and Calum Hood."

Her father's ears perked at Calum's name.

"Calum Hood, you say?" 

Kiara nodded once again. "What about him."

"Two of his friends are in my biology class." Kiara's father worked as a biology teacher at her school. She was kind of embarrassed to say that her dad worked at her school. 

"Michael and Luke?" 

Jacob snapped his fingers, "Yes! Michael Clifford and Luke Hemmings. Michael never does his work but anyway, it's time to go!" 

Judy at the rest of her food quickly before grabbing her backpack and putting on her shoes.

"You coming with us today Kiara?" Her father asked. Usually Kiara takes the bus to school rather than letting her father drive her but Kiara was too lazy today to handle immature high school students. She was so happy this was her last year in school before graduating. 

"Yeah, I'll come with you guys today." The family piled into the car and drove off. Kiara sat in the passenger seat next to her father while Judy sat in the back. Judy was old enough now to not sit in a car seat and was so proud of that. Jacob dropped Judy off at the elementary school. He got out of the car to hug the little girl. As Kiara was smiling at her two family members, someone called her name. Just beyond the elementary school doors was Ashton. Kiara smiled at him as he approached her. 

"I didn't know you had a little sister," Ashton glanced behind me to find Judy walking off into the school. "I was just dropping off my little brother." Harry noticed Judy walking towards him, smiled and waved at her. "Looks like our siblings are friends. What's your sister's name?" 

"Judy," Kiara answered. Her dad walked back to the car and got in. He glanced at Ashton. 

"Hey, Ashton Irwin right? You graduated last year?" Jacob asked. 

"Yes sir," Ashton politely answered. "I better head home, see you later Kiara," he smiled and walked off. 

"He was always hanging around Michael Clifford, they were pracitally partners in crime," her father spoke. Jacob drove off to the high school and parked his car in the teacher's parking lot. "I hope you have a good day kid," He kissed Kiara on the cheek as she got out of the car. Kiara grabbed her bag and headed into the school. She stopped by her locker and took out her books for her morning classes which were English and P.E. She put her gym clothes in a bag and headed towards homeroom. Kiara was so thankful Janet was in her homeroom, she hated everyone in her class. Janet smiled as Kiara sat down on the desk next to her. 

"You look really happy this morning," Kiara noticed. "Why are you so happy?" 

Janet bit her lip and played with her fingers. "You promise not to tell anybody."

"Who would I tell? I basically have no friends," Kiara confirmed. Janet rolled her eyes.

"Well, Michael Clifford came into class and asked me for my phone number."

Kiara's eyes got wide. "He did?" 

Janet nodded, blushing. "I just can't believe he actually knows my name." 

"You like him, don't you?" 

"No!" 

Kiara smiled at her friend. She was well aware of much Janet liked Michael but she was just too shy to admit it. 

"Maybe I could hook you up with him," Kiara suggested. Janet shook her head rapidly. 

"No. Nope, no, no, no, no, no, no." 

"Why not?"

"Because anytime you try to hook with someone, they always end up breaking up," Janet stated, pushing her hair to the side. Kiara rolled her eyes. 

"Why does everyone keep saying that. First Luke, now you!" 

"Because it's true!" Janet laughed. 

"Hey Fatty McCatty," Jake O'Connor walked into their homeroom class and smiled at them. Kiara mentally sent daggers into Jake's direction. 

"Don't call her that," Kiara defended. Jake laughed. 

"Aww, that's so sweet of her girlfriend to defend her. I always loved lesbian couples." 

Kiara balled up her fists and walked towards Jake. Kiara tended to have anger issues. She was never the one to bottle up her feelings, she would just spit it right out. "You want to say that again?"

Jake crossed his arms over his chest and stared at Kiara. Kiara wasn't afraid of him. She was just his height as they both glared in each other's eyes. Everyone in the room went quiet. 

"You are such a lesb--" 

Jake got caught off by Kiara's fist punching into his face. Everyone in the room gasped. Heels walked into the classroom. Mrs. Hoover, Kiara's homeroom teacher, walked into the classroom and saw a trail of blood running down on Jake O'Connor's face. Her eyes glanced over at Kiara and noticed a bloody first. 

"Oh my god," she whispered.