1

"I'M NOT going to some stupid gala," Said none other than twenty-one year old Vira Dameron, "Can't mom and dad just go without us?"

A small chuckle from a deep male voice gained her attention.

"Sorry but no," Said a thirty-one Orson Dameron.

The Dameron siblings were sitting in the hangar of the New Republic Navy. Vira was sitting next to R2-D2. The astro-mech has become her personal droid. Orson was standing above his sister, looking down at her.

Orson was dressed in his orange jumpsuit, with helmet in hands. He had just returned from an exercise in his X-Wing. Meanwhile, Vira was wearing a black leather jacket with a brown shirt underneath, black pants, and black boots. Attached to her belt was a lightsaber, since she had been studying the ways of the Force since she could walk basically.

Vira pouts.

"Don't give me that look," Orson says, "We have to make an appearance."

Vira groans, "No we don't. We aren't needed there."

Orson tilts his head, "What? Do you have some kind of hot date the same night as the gala?" He asks his sister.

Vira scoffs.

Orson gives her a small smile, "Then what is it?" He asks.

Vira looks up at her brother, "I don't want to spend my evening with politician elites just to help out dad with his appearance."

Orson opens his mouth.

"I know, I know. Dad never wanted to do politics and yet here he is still a senator years after the fact, but- but we're a pretty famous family, they know we exist." She says.

Orson sits next to his sister.

"Yes, and with our famous family comes the responsibility of showing up when we are called upon." Orson says and then looks forward at the incoming and departing ships.

Vira frowns.

Orson kept his gaze on the ships.

"This wasn't how I pictured my life," Vira says.

Orson glanced at her.

"I don't know. I sorta expected some sort of adventure." Vira says, "This is- This is too quiet."

Orson glanced from his sister to something in front of him. He wasn't really looking at anything, he was just staring off into space.

"Quiet is nice, Vee. Believe me." Orson says.

Vira glanced at her brother, "I know, Ory. I-,"

He glanced at her, "No. You don't get it." He says, "You didn't live during the war. You were born in a world after the First Order fell."

Vira was quiet.

"Sure, I traveled to plenty of places for my age at that time, but it wasn't adventurous. It was scary. I- I didn't- Life was so uncertain at that time." Orson says.

Vira glanced at her droid.

Orson sighs to himself.

He can't fully fault Vira. She is longing for something more than the mundane life of the temple. She was looking for something of her own than living in the shadow of her father's success political career.

"Look, Vee, you'll have your adventures. I'm sure of it." Orson says, "No need to rush it."

Vira glanced at her brother, "I'm twenty-one."