Chapter 8

Harvey POV

When I get home I see my dad in the kitchen at the dinner table asleep. He has a blanket warped around him. Spread across the table are a couple of files. Some files are open spread on the table others are closed. His laptop and notepad are also on the table. He seems to fall asleep while doing work. he tries not to bring work home like this. I know my sister hates to see this police work out. I wonder if she is in her room or at work. I walk over to him and I shake him a bit. He doesn't wake up. I shake him again, nothing. Then I do it again but harder, nothing. I get worried that something happens to him while I was gone. " Dad?" I tell him as I push him hard. He moves slowly and moans and tiredness. Oh, thank the Lord. He was more asleep than sleeping beauty. I don't remember him being such a heavy sleeper. If someone wanted to come here and hurt us he wouldn't know. I grab his files from the table and start to organize them. I didn't think anything of it until I looked at the files; Mr. Phillips's Hostage case, Drug X, Moores factory fire 2010, and lastly Marie Martinez's murder case. I have never seen her actual case file before, but why would have this out. What do all of their files together have in common he put them together?  I grab my mom's case file. I just need to see what's inside, my dad kept the case pretty under lock.

The first couple of pages already knows witness reports, photos, descriptions of my mom, and Alibis. When I get to the evidence part am shocked to see something about a letter. My dad never said anything about a letter. It's too bad the report doesn't say what's inside. If I want the note now am gonna have to ask the police station, archive lady, she would never give it way to me. I move on to her autopsy everything was normal. Her blood states that are it's normal for her type. Am not what that means by her type. Before I can keep reading my dad moves some more. I put the files down and stacked them up for him.  Am not sure what I just read. I grab my things and head to bed.

~~

I had trouble sleeping all night long. Reading my mom's case it's made me feel weird. I got at least 2 hours of sleep last night. I was already up and dress when Joey came into my house. "Whoa, good morning sleeping beauty," He says to me. I get up to the kitchen and get a cup of coffee. " I've been having trouble all night sleep," I tell him. He looks confused. " What time did you get home last night?" He asks as I sit down at the dinner table. By the time I got out of my room my dad had already cleaned up his mess and was gone. " Maybe you should stay home?" he says to me. He comes up to me and feels my head to see if it's hot. I push his hand off my head. " Come let's go before we're late," I tell him. I grab my pills and take them down dry. I rush Joey out of my house so we can get to school.

~~

I have no clue why I did decide to go to school today. Am so tired and feel sluggish. I have my last class left but I still have lacrosse practice today. We have weights and Drills today, and I don't think am gonna be able to do it. " Harvey?" I hear Mr. Carmen tell me. "Yes?" I say to him. " you can sit down now" He says to me. I look up to the whole class laugh a bit. I didn't even remember presenting my project to the class. I look to see that Bethany is sitting her sit waiting for me to sit next to her. "Sorry, I must have zoned out," I tell him as I rush down to my seat. I sit down across from Bethany. "Hey you good?" she asks me as puts her hand on my mine. " YEAH, just tried," I responded to her as I wipe my eyes. " Most of you guys bomb hard on this project but two groups really stuck out to me, Harvey and Bethany and Charles and Joey's group," he says as he starts to clap for us. When he does this the whole class claps. I didn't think that Joey and Charles would get along so well. We all look up to hear the bell ring. "Okay, the grades will be in about an hour if want to see your grade. Besides that have a great weekend," he says as everyone rushes out of the room.

"What are you guys doing this weekend?" Eba, ask us as we're standing out of Mr. Carmen's room. " Nothing," I tell her every agrees with me. "Just studying," Harrison says to us. " If you study too much your brain will be mush," Lucas tells him with a laugh. "I need to study hard to get scholarship money," Harrison says to Lucas. Lucas's face drops a bit. "Wait what happen to you." I start to say until Mr. Carmen comes out of the room. Charles walks out of the room after Mr. Carmen with a smirk on his face. " Joseph, can I speak to you?" He says as he points at joey. " ME?" He responded to him. "Yeah, I'll write you pass to lacrosse cause this make take a bit." He says as joey follows him back into his room. " hey we got to go see y'all later" Lucas tells Eba and Harrison, who wave and walk off. Me, Kye, and Lucas all head to practice without Joey.