chapter four.

They all watched the water, waiting for John B to come out towards the surface. It felt like he had been down there for the longest time, which made Emerson a bit nervous. She kept searching the waters for any sign of him, a hand finding it's way to hers. She looked down and saw JJ's hand in hers, looking up at JJ only to see that he was already looking at her. They both smiled at each other, it was their way of letting the other one know that it was going to be okay.

"Should we go get him?"

Just as Pope said that, John B came out from the water, coughing and gasping for air. He shook his head, releasing water from his hair.

"Oh my god, that took forever!" Kiara's face was filled with concern.

"Any dead bodies?" Pope asked. "Looting potential?" JJ continued.

"No,no. But I found this motel key." John B lifted his arm, showing them the key.

"A key." Pope said not amused.

"Yes, a key, Pope." John B made his way to the side of the boat for someone to get the anchor.

"Great. We salvaged a motel key." JJ said sarcastically as he walked over to help John B with the anchor.

"Guys, we should report the wreck to the coast guard," Emerson turned to look at Kie. "Maybe we'll get a finder's fee." She nodded agreeing with Kiara.

"Yeah, and not work all summer." JJ wrapped his arm around Emerson, smiling at the thought of the not working. "Thanks Agatha, ya batch." She smiled at what the boy was saying.

They went to shore and then to the coast guard station. The area was filled was a good amount of people, which Emerson didn't really like. She would become anxious whenever she was around too many people.

"I'll wait here for you guys." She smiled at them, as they walked away to talk to someone. She stood near a pole, watching as people passed by.

"Emerson?" Emerson turned to look at the person that was calling her. She recognized the two women that stood in front of her. They would hang out with her mom whenever she was in town but Emerson didn't really consider them to be her mom's friends. "Hi, honey!" One of them hugged her, she quickly hugged her back.

"Hey Katie." She said to the one that hugged her. "Hi Liz." She looked at the other woman.

"How are your parents?" Katie asked her.

"Oh, I heard that they were out of town. No surprise there right." Emerson turned to look at Liz, who let out a laugh.

She never really did like them, she knew they would only talk to her mom because she was a Kook. They probably talked about her behind her back but she knew how fake Kooks could be so it didn't surprise her.

"Yeah." Emerson let out a fake laugh, she looked and saw her friends waiting for her already. "I have to go." She started to walk away from them but turned around to say one last thing. "Oh and I really like the wig Liz." She stopped herself from laughing when she saw the face that Liz had made.

She walked back to her friends who were smiling at her. "So, how'd it go?"

"Not good. So what's the plan?" Pope asked. Emerson stood next to him as John B took out the motel key.

"I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns the boat."

JJ took the key from John B's grasp tossing them to Kie. Emerson looked at Pope who already looked worried, she patted his shoulder. "Come on P, you'll have fun!"

"Finder's fee," John B said. "Just sayin. And, hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice."

Pope sighed walking behind his friends, he knew there was no use in fighting his friends. He swatted away John B's hand as he said "Come on, bubba."