eight.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ LA LA LAND ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

❝ block party from hell. ❞

THE FURTHER BEVERLY GOT INTO THE FOOTBALL SEASON, THE MORE ON EDGE THEY BECAME

THE FURTHER BEVERLY GOT INTO THE FOOTBALL SEASON, THE MORE ON EDGE THEY BECAME. Everyone who attended Beverly, and even those who didn't, saw the potential for them to make the playoffs, only it didn't seem like it would happen. Beverly struggled yet another loss the week before, and now they were losing to Culver City, the last-place team in the division, meaning if they lost this game, they had absolutely no chance.

Riley was on the edge of her seat as she watched the game. Not only did that girl have to worry about them winning for the school but also themselves. Riley knew how the players would get if they returned home with no win, making it even more stressful for them to win the game. Then, as Riley witnessed Spencer run the ball down the field until he reached the 20 yard line, she knew they were in good hands.

The play was over, and Spencer walked away, removing his helmet and mouth guard as he sent questioning eyes to Olivia, causing her to shake her head sadly.

"What was that about?" Layla asked the Baker girl causing Riley to tune into the conversation.

"His friend Coop was supposed to bet here." Olivia told them as she moved a few strands of hair out of her face.

"Oh, well, too bad she missed it. He looks good today." Layla whispered the last part to Olivia, causing her to groan while Riley laughed.

"Don't."

"What?"

"The last time you tried to play matchmaker, I ended up in a hotter with my almost brother." Olivia told Layla.

"In Layla's defense, she didn't know, and the only reason why he was you 'almost' brother is because you're brother is an idiot." Riley told Olivia.

"See, he's not your brother." Layla said.

"We both know that you trying to set me up with Spencer is more about you than it is about me." Olivia explained.

Riley went to convince Olivia otherwise, but was cut off by Layla's father walking up to them.

"Hey, princess." he told Layla.

"Hey, dad, you made it." she said as she stood up to give him a hug.

"Mm. How do you feel?" he asked.

"Good." Layla said, ecstatically.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." she told him finally as she sat down.

"Hey." he motioned for Olivia and Riley.

"Hi." Olivia and Riley said in unison.

"Hi, how you doing?" the girl behind Layla's father asked Layla.