Chapter 5: A Date?

Chapter 5: A Date?

Y/n POV:

A few weeks have gone by since HoloFes and my daily life hasn't changed. I mainly stay in my room all day just working on commissions for companies, watching Hololive streams and playing games. *ding* A sudden notification pops up on my phone. I pick it up to check it.

Subaru: Hey! Are you busy rn?

Well, I guess one thing about my daily life changed.

Y/n: No not really, why?

I am friends with one of my favourite streamers from hololive, Oozora Subaru. After HoloFes we exchanged numbers and so we message each other quite often after that, just the usual talk but we never hung out IRL ever since that 'incident'.

Subaru: I was just thinking since we haven't hung out in a while maybe we could go visit this one mall. Hololive just did a collab with a café there, you interested?

Wow, I didn't expect her to be the first one to invite me but oh well. I've heard about the Hololive café before so I am quite curious about it. Subaru also had just finished her stream so I'm guessing she is free.

Y/n: Sure, I'd like to come. Are you inviting anyone else?

Subaru: No, it's just me and you.

I am quite surprised by her reply, I was expecting her to invite other Hololive members to join her but I guess everyone else is probably busy doing their own things right now.

Y/n: Ok cool, when do you want to meet up?

Subaru: We can meet up in around 30 mins, is the entrance of the mall okay for a meetup place?

Y/n: Sure, I'll meet you there.

Subaru: 👍

After our conversation, I started to get ready. It was still half past noon so the station shouldn't be that crowded. It's not that cold today so I just wore a collared shirt, with a shirt underneath, and a pair of jeans. I stepped outside of my apartment to see Shion about to enter hers. Oh yeah, we're neighbours.

Y/n: "Hey." I greeted her.

Shion: "Hey," I can then feel her examining my clothing, "you going on a date or something?" She asks me.

Y/n: "I don't know, depends if that's what the other person thinks of this." I respond. I say this because we are technically going alone with just the both of us to a café so it meets the criteria of a date but if Subaru doesn't consider it a date, then it isn't.

Shion: "Hmmm, is this person Subaru?" Man, she is one nosy brat.

Y/n: "What if it is?" I continue to be vague just to annoy her.

Shion: "If it is, let me give you some advice. Subaru likes guys who are direct." She then enters her apartment and closes the door.

Direct eh. Maybe Shion isn't so bad.

-

-

Subaru POV:

Subaru: "YABE!! I am going to be late!!"

I was rushing towards the mall entrance; I don't want to be late for a dat- meetup with Y/n. If only I hadn't stopped by the convenience store, I wouldn't be rushing right now. Luckily, I made it to the meetup spot before Y/n did, it would be embarrassing if I invited him but I ended up being late. I then wait for Y/n to arrive. I hope he recognized me. I was wearing a simple yellow hoodie with shorts so it was pretty different to what I'd usually wear.