Blush

(⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️: THIS PART OF THE STORY CONTAINS STRONG & MATURE THEMES/LANGUAGE THAT MAY BE UPSETTING TO SOME READERS)

Lily stomps her way towards Isaac's front door and lets out a deep sigh before making a complete fool out of herself. Isaac on the other hand who has spent the entire morning  preparing breakfast for himself, has no idea of what's about to happen. As he was about to package his ready made breakfast, he hears a loud voice coming from his front door. "Open the door Isaac!" she grumbled loudly. "Hurry, it's cold" she commanded. As Isaac regretfully unlocks the front door, Lily pushes her way inside. Lily glares at Isaac as he awkwardly shuts the door behind her, and just as he turns around she allows herself to get sunk in his touch. "Lily, what are you doing?" he asked, irritated at her for hugging him . For a moment she acted like she couldn't hear him, which angered him even more. "I heard you haven't been at work for a week, right?" she points out,  still with her arms around Isaac. "I've been busy" he quickly added. "Even too busy to see your own girlfriend!?" she snaps. At that, Isaac gently detaches her grip around his waist. "You know the world doesn't evolve around you, right?" Isaac hissed back at her. Lily places her hands on his chest and gave Isaac a slight push that creates space between them. "Are you like avoiding me or something?" Lily grumbled. Isaac looks over to the kitchen where he notices the breakfast he made that morning, unaware of Lily's jerky movements and narrowed eyes staring at him. "Look Lily, I appreciate you for coming, but I'm gonna need you to leave" Isaac stated. Lily's eyes widened, shocked of what Isaac had said, he had never said something so direct to her face before, Lily was so used to commanding him around like he's some sort of personal busboy specially made for her that she completely didn't care about him anymore. Lily's chest burned with anger as her viridescent eyes lit up with a hint of rage. "YOU— PIECE OF—" Lily cursed at Isaac who has no clue of what he had done or said wrong. Lily neared Isaac and raised her hand signalling to Isaac that she was about to slap him in the face, but as her hand neared his face he quickly grabs it and dodges her pathetic attempt of hitting him. With a ridiculous grin on his face, his eyes dart back to Lily who looks more flustered than ever. "Don't ever show your— face at my door again" he warned, and she humbly understood. She understood from how he spoke to her with no remorse in his tone, from how he left her messages on read, her calls unpicked, and her life like they never were.

AT THE HOSPITAL

"Heavenly Father, this morning the doctor came in and told me the real reason as to why I'm still in the hospital" my voice started to shake, "Lord y-y you've given me so much more than I deserve, and therefore I'm going to keep holding on to you in this uncontrollable moment" tears filled my eyes as I eagerly tried to fight them back. "No, I'm not going to cry" I protested with a heavy voice. "To you Lord I will turn to in a time like this" I concluded. "In you I put my trust, my voice wavered as a tear gracefully ran down my cheek.

Isaac, finally got to the hospital to check on Zemira who he hadn't seen for a few days. The doctors wouldn't let him see her as she was undergoing important as well as private check ups that could figure out the possible reason of why she's still in the hospital in the first place. "Rise and shine., It's afternoon" Isaac whispered in my ear as I struggled to sit up straight. "Hey...." I let out with a groan. "Could you call the nurse for me" I spoke with a soft voice. "Say please first" Isaac replied. "Please" I pleaded cutely as I despised every second of it whilst Isaac was enjoying every second of it. Prick. "You don't look so happy to see me" Isaac joked. "Actually, I am happy, anything is better than doctors, nurses or pointless plain curtains in the middle of the room" I blurted on. As I kept going on about how much I really wanted to get out of my hospital room, he finally told me what was going on. "Lily and I broke up" he stated. I hesitated to tell him that I felt sorry for his intense break up, the words couldn't seem to come out my mouth, so instead I awkwardly sat there giving him the I-feel-bad-for-you-but-it-wouldn't-last-anyways look. "I don't even know why I'm telling you this...." he said hastily. "You trust me" I tranquilly replied. He nodded as his mouth curved into a little smile, rather a smirk I'd say. For a while we stayed looking at one another in comforting silence, as we casually let our eyes do the talking, examining each other's facial feature with solemnity without realising we're both doing the same thing. I can't help but notice Isaac's cheeks turn crimson red, is he actually blushing? He clears his throat whilst leaning back into his chair . "Don't get the wrong idea...." he  grumbled. "Do I make you nervous, Isaac?" I asked teasing him for the flustered look that was still yet plastered on his face. "WHY WOULD I *bleep* BLUSH ZEMIRA" he snapped as his face reddened even more. "We're gonna have to work on your language sir" I said to him as I giggled out loud. I could see how Isaac's eyes widened with frustration of denial as I laughed louder each time I caught a glimpse of his crimson red cheeks. "QUIT LAUGHING ALREADY" he retorted. "I CANT HELP IT- I continued. He places his hand on my forehead like as if he was checking my temperature, "Ahh the medicine really got to your head" he said with a massive grin on his face just like a little kid would when they'd made a hand painting in kindergarten and proudly showed it to their parents. Whilst shoving his hand off of my forehead I couldn't help but wonder why he always comes to the hospital to see me......we aren't exactly the most compatible set of people but we have grown closer over the past few weeks and days he has spent with me and to be honest, I couldn't imagine it being anyone else rather than him. It just felt natural for it to be him. God is good I thought to myself as I smiled making Isaac who's leaned back into his chair shoot me weird looks.

Later...

Later that evening my favourite nurse checked up on me, she took my temperature and gave me my daily dose of disgusting medications "Would you like some porridge" she asked. "No, thank you... I kindly declined as I looked over to Isaac mouthing something. Are you hungry?" Isaac mouthed. "Starving" I mouthed in return hoping that the nurse didn't notice our secret conversation. "Tell her we're going to take a walk" he whispered back. "I'm not hungry, but I'd love to leave my hospital room for a moment" I requested. The nurse raises her eyebrow and crammed her lips together giving me the I-want-to-let-you-out-but-it's-quite-late-now look. "He'll come with me" I quickly added before she declined my request. After hard consideration the nurse gave up, "Okay, but don't tell anyone I let you out of the building" she said with an alarmed tone in her voice. Isaac and I nodded our heads in harmony and quickly exited the room to the outside of the hospital, lucky for us we didn't' cross paths with a annoying doctor or a I-have-nothing-better-to-do-than-to-put-my-nose-in-other-people's-business type of nurse as we made it through the doors. As we made it outside I tried taking in as much fresh air as I could but before I could realise what was going on, I was swept of my feet by two muscular arms that wrapped itself around my body. "What are you doing!" I shrieked quietly. "Taking you out to eat" he said innocently. I don't understand this man I thought to myself as I let him carry me in his arms. "Don't make me regret this" he grumbled.