Zhongli x sick fem! reader

A/N Originally posted on Tumblr

It has been a terrible week it started with a commission going wrong and being injured. It didn't help the fact that my boyfriend Zhongli was out currently. So I was on my own.And the day after I fell off a cliff and tumbled down and fell into a river it wasn't deep or anything but it was a river and very cold outside since it was nearing winter.And yesterday I was experiencing symptoms of fever or cold whatever you want to call it. And I went out and did the usual stuff like commissions, helping the old lady on the street with her bags, running around feeding the dogs and giving them belly rubs.And then guess what happened I fell into a river I didn't even know was there.And that is how I ended up laying bedridden with a fever. At least Zhongli was coming home tomorrow at the earliest, he did mention before he left that he could end up being late.I decided I better make myself some food so I don't die of hunger before my boyfriend returns. I decided I could make some eggs and bacon, so got the ingredients for it.While trying to not burn down the kitchen I got lost in my train of thoughts and maybe almost set the food on fire. Look I never said I was good at cocking.I grab my food and head back to my bed. And sit down and begin eating my food. Then something caught my attention, out of the corner of my eye I see something. So I look over and see a bunch of children running around playing.I jump when I suddenly hear the door open I look over and see Zhongli. "Wait I thought you didn't come home before tomorrow," I asked a little surprised to see the man I was missing."Oh yeah, I got home faster than I originally thought I would. So I thought I might as well- wait are you sick?" he cut himself off.Because of how close we had become he could tell when she was hurt or sick in any shape or form. I was a little surprised I mean I was used to him noticing that stuff but that was really fast, record time maybe."Yeah I am sick" I answered back. His facial expression changed into one of worry and concern. "how did you end up sick dear" he asked leaning over to her and feeling her forehead."it probably when I fell into a river... Twice" he was a little surprised "how did you do that? I mean fall into the river twice?" wait was he not surprised at all, I mean I am clumsy but still."I umm... I had an accident while doing commissions" I mutter a little embarrassed still. He only chuckled and patted my hair.He went to go grab a wet rag, while I sat there still processing the fact that he came back earlier than originally planned, the wait wouldn't he be tired with how early he got back. "well now I feel guilty"And when he got back he pushed my hair out of my face and laid my head back down and placed the wet rag on my forehead. He was focused on what he was doing not really noticing that I was staring at him. For the most, she was looking at his eyes.I really loved his eyes they were so pretty and how when I did something that he thought was cute or adorable, they would sparkle or light up slightly.After finishing he kissed the top of my head while turning off the light by the bed. He got up to leave I grabbed his hand "please... Don't leave me... Stay" I begged him.He turned to look at me, while his eyes shined from the moonlight that shone thru the window. "you need to rest y/n" he said looking into her eyes."Please just..." he didn't know what she was trying to say. "I haven't seen you in so long... Do please don't leave me...." his breath got caught in his throat while his eyes widen a little bit.Before he smiled and sighed in defeat "fine you win, but after you fall asleep I will have to continue with my paperwork" he said taking off his coat and placing it on the chair in the corner of the room.He got into the bed and lay down beside her and put one of his arms under her head and the other around her waist. I turned around in his arms so I faced him. I smiled at him before tucking my face into his chest."maybe I should get sick more often so that I can get you to stop doing your work." he only raised an eyebrow "You become such a pushover whenever I feel bad or I'm sick"He only pressed his face into my hair and muttered "that's because I love you and you make me feel so lonely when I'm not around you." he purred the last part. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep in his arms.