Chapter 4 (Phil's POV)

I wrapped my arm around him. I really hope he doesn't think I'm being friendly. Obviously, I'm trying to make a move.

When I 'went out to go to the strore' I talked to Chris about what to do to see if he likes me back. For some odd reason, the wisest person I know was busy. Pj is always with Chris, if not, we must be in a parallel universe.

Since Chris was actually the only person who I live near and who I am very close to, I went to him. I wanted to go to Pj, but Chris will do.

Anyone but Dan would have done then.

Anyways, when I was talking with Chris, he told me to make a move somewhere romantic. I decided to go with Dan to the park to watch the sunset. Then, if anything happens, I will know for sure if he likes me or not. Or he goes along with whatever I do no matter how romantic.

Anyways, now we were sitting with my head on his shoulder and my arm wrapped around him. I am nervous and worried that something will go wrong.

I also am scared if he rejects me and tell me the disappointing words, 'I love you, but not in that way.'

It's actually terrifying to think he will reject me so harshly. All I ever wanted was not to ever be rejected.

And I really hope I never will be.

~

Then, I glanced in Dan's direction and he looked at me and smiled an adorable smile. His dimples showed and it was just.. Aww.

He also looked just as nervous as I was. He looked like he didn't want anything to go wrong, just like me.

I thought about what the next move should be. I wasn't sure.

Soon, the sun had almost completely set and Dan said, "We should get going." He looked slightly disappointed that we had to leave. To be honest, I was too.

We started walking back to our flat, then I realized what the next move would be.

I slipped my pale hand into his tan, perfect one. He gladly gripped my hand tighter and blushed.

Oh my god. He's blushing. I hope that is a sign he likes me back. I really hope that's a sign he likes me back, actually.

When we got home, we both sat on the couch and discussed what we should have for dinner.

We decided to have pizza, then we both seemed to grab the phone at the same time. Our hands touched and he took his hand away and blushed like crazy.

Not gonna lie, when he blushes it's adorable.

I smiled and looked away. I tried to hide my blush with my fringe.

I allowed him to make the call.

~

We ate our pizza and he went to the kitchen to grab a drink and I asked him, "Hey Dan, while you're there, can you get me some Pepsi?"

He replied, "Mhm, sure, Phil."

"Thanks."

"No problem," Dan replied.

I smiled and turned on the television.

Attack On Titan was on. I love that show. There is something about it that is just, amazing. Probably the cool Titans.

Dan retuned and asked what was on. I replied with, "Attack On Titan."

"Cool," Dan chuckled.

"Mhm"

~

After watching about two to three episodes, we both went to our rooms. Right as I was about to close my door, Dan asked, "Um- Hey Phil, when- when I slept with you, I didn't get nightmares. So.. Can I-" before he could finish his sentence, I said, "Dan, don't be silly. Of course you can."

"C'mere, Dan," I said and he walked over.

I wrapped my hands around his waist and hugged him tightly and affectionately.

He hugged me back and we stood there for a minute for or two, just wrapped in eachothers arms.

It was amazing. I loved Dan so much and I hoped so, so much he felt the same way. He probably won't though. I'm just his best friend and no matter what I do, he will see it as an act of kindness or sees it as a platonic embrace.

I sighed and inhaled his scent. I pulled away and said, "Alright, let's go to bed."

He followed me to bed and quickly, I fell asleep. Honestly, I sleep better when he's lying there with me.

I woke up at around 5:20am and realized how nervous and scared Dan looked.

Dan had his arms wrapped around my body as he was clinging on to me for dear life. I wonder what he's dreaming about.

He held me tighter, to the point where I could breathe, and whimpered. I'm really worried, now.

I stroked his cheek softly and whispered, "Shh, It's alright, Bear. I'm here. I won't let anything get you."

He soon relaxed and his grip on my torso loosened.

Dan sighed and made a non audible noise, and fell back into a peaceful sleep.

I smiled and realized that if he wakes up and sees me staring at him, he might think I'm a major creep. So, I went back to bed.

I pushed Dan over on his other side lightly and cuddles up to him.

I soon fell back asleep.

~

I woke up to Dan practically strangling me again. Okay, more then one nightmare in one night? This is pretty scary.

"Dan? Shh, relax. I will never leave you and I will always be here." I whispered.

I realized my arms were wrapped around him, like when I fell asleep.

I thought, 'What if he need my comfort to make him relaxed?'

If that was it, it was really adorable.

I then again wrapped my arms around him protectively and put his head on my chest.

He seemed to immediately calm down and hug me tight, yet not as tight as before. I didn't fall asleep too easily, knowing that if I moved again, he would probably have another bad dream.

But soon, I fell asleep.