jealou$y.

     𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 a truly beautiful night. 

The stars in the sky shone brightly right beside the moon which reflected the rays from the hidden sun. It seemed as if the whole world was covered in silver lighting glistening from soft featherbed. Most of the people would already be tucked in their bed sleeping soundly with nothing particular in their heads. Because no matter how beautiful was the sky and how astonishing were the wonders of the galaxy, grey, thick smog ruined the spectacle hiding Gotham in its special recipe of toxins and gases. 

The sound of shuffling covers slowly filled the void made by the quietness of the room. In comparison to the soft silver lighting, the light from the computer screen was an unpleasant sight to the eye. A quiet sigh escaped your lips catching the attention of the man focusing on the laptop. Tim immediately moved his head to the side catching your bothered look and smiled tiredly. It almost seemed like he was apologizing. 

"'t's late..." you murmured putting your head on his shoulder just like lovers did in the nighttime. It was almost comforting. Like the moon's shadow on earth's ground. 

"Did I wake you up? Sorry..." he answered unbothered, almost moving closer to your warmth. His torso wasn't covered by a duvet showing his light skin. It was practically possible to see moving shades from his work on it. A trail of numbers and words too long to make sense in your head at this hour. 

"Not really... Couldn't sleep..." you admitted looking at the walls of the bedroom. Most of it screamed the reality of the contents of his wallet, having gold and crystals all over it just like in those old castles from childish tales. 

Tim looked so concentrated on those silly numbers and words that his fingers continued to move on the keyboard like a machine. He resembled artists that drew their masterpieces or wrote stories of the centuries. With widely opened eyes, narrowed pupils moved accordingly with what he clicked and slightly opened lips Tim seemed to come from another world. Somewhere maybe between grey clouds or even shining stars in the sky. Although you bet that he didn't even think for a second about the world outside of a little box in his hands. 

Despite his tiredness showing in his slouched frame, he kept on writing, checking, and doing God's knows what. If it wasn't so late, you might have even admired him in this state. The way his locks spread out in every direction possible, although he kept on putting them behind his ears. The way his pale blue eyes held a whole different reality within them. The way he breathed and existed almost like a non-human. Working days without rest, taking on guys on a much higher level, and putting on that stupid suit of his. 

"Don't you have work to do tomorrow?" he asked noticing that your eyes are barely staying open but continuing to do so no matter whether he ignored you or not. You nodded mindlessly still observing your surroundings. "You should rest then."

"What about you?" you answered with a question, forcing yourself to lean on your elbows. They sank into the mattress while you looked at him waiting for the return of the send glance. Hesitantly blue irises focused on yours and melted under your command. 

He never should have looked at them in the first place. 

"I'll be fine." As always he dismissed the subject trying to avoid it as much as he could. However, that wasn't necessarily a lie. He was able to take some drastic choices just for sake of going forward. No matter how many cups of coffee did he had to drink, or what exercises did he had to do.

"Whatever you say, pretty boy." And with that, you planted a soft, short kiss on his lips letting go of the subject just like he wanted. You wriggled out of the tangle of your limbs and removed the covers. The cold air hit your skin causing irritating goosebumps to show. Blue, icy sky followed you while you were standing up observing your actions with a little bit of confusion. Before he had a chance to say anything you already put on shoes. 

"Where are you going?" question Tim putting his laptop to the side. You gave him a glance over the shoulder and smiled lightly. You still felt the stiffness and dizziness from the momentary minute where you started to drift off. 

"Out" you replied briefly after taking a lighter from the nightstand. To get rid of the tiredness you needed some temporary energy that would be able of getting rid the fatigue. 

"At this hour?" His inquiry stayed in the air hanging for a while. It never got its answer, leaving it like that. The night was indeed beautiful. A walk would be nice. A little bit lonely and probably chilly in this weather but much better than those sleepless nights filled with unwanted thoughts. 

Sleeping next to someone so close yet so far away seemed like drifting on unknown waters. Not knowing where is the stable ground or does it ever ends. Slow, almost sleepy waves could become dangerous, heavy storms in a blink of an eye. But since you were the only sailor you just kept going. With no sight of land and no supplies. Only the waters gave you some crumbs to stay alive, to stay as one with the water. And with that, no matter how unfair was it, you stayed. Because everyone would fall in love with that shade of blue. 

When the sky turned a little bit brighter and the streets were filled with people you and Tim were seen as good old friends. That kind that knew each other since high school and stayed with till the end. And when one night was filled with too much alcohol and with the moon shining high in the sky, the two made a simple mistake and woke up together the next day. No apologies were made. It was just a silent arrangement. The nights occurred more and more. Even when one of you stayed quiet for a few months or the other was tired. 

It was just you and Tim with unspoken love lingering in the air during the silver nights. 

"[y/n]." His voice echoed in the dark room-filling your ears, while his hand caught your wrist holding you in your place. You sighed softly. Why was he always like this? 

"Yes?" You turned around slowly, just to be met with that goddamn blue. Filling you up and sinking you. Making cold shivers and invoking redness on your cheeks. As much as you hated it, you couldn't help but love it at the same time. 

"Stay."

"You know that we... " you started, stumbling to find the right words. This matter should've been addressed a long time ago. Instead, both of you just kept on chasing after each other and staying as far from the subject as possible. "This, whatever you wish to call it, is not... Proper."

His grip wasn't strong. He left the choice to you. If you wish for it, he would let you leave through the door. He would stay in this rich, golden, and filled with a dark room looking at the bright screen. But Tim was still a greedy man. He listened to his heart that told him to catch you and never let go. To give you all the gold he had and clear all nights from the darkness. He was so greedy, that he kept on forgetting his place. That he would leave again, break your heart and pretend that you still were friends just like always.

"Just for tonight." His eyes were asking. Pleading. Begging for you to come back and stay. Not many times did he ask for company. Usually, he didn't mind. He didn't look as miserable as he did now. With dark locks around his face and those blue eyes holding the secrets of shared nights.

And with stars and moon as your confidant, you fell back into the blue.

"Alright... Just for tonight"