Bauer

"You absolute German beauty!" Four words that follow me everyday. When we won the league. My goal. At Wembley. 2019. It's been 3 years and at every Charlton match, my goal is played for all the fans to watch with tears of joy in their eyes as they remember how proud they were of the club. I miss it.

A lot changed after that goal. I went to Preston in June 2019 and I've been there since. It felt wrong leaving the club that I've been at for four years but it was a better option for me. I love watching their matches during  the games I've been benched.

But anyway, this story isn't about me, is it? It's about Albie and his girl. I'd only played with Albie for one season but I got to know him pretty well. He was 18 when he had his first league game with the first team. Pretty young but he was amazing. We played at home, which is an incredible experience for anyone, against Peterborough. He got a yellow card but the best start out like that.

When Morgan started, a new girl started too. She did everything for the socials and during games and training would be with the photographers. Everyone fancied her but we all had other commitments. Albie, however, didn't. After only a third of the way through the season, they had started dating. We think he asked her out at training but we don't really know.

Then, obviously, at the end of the season, I left. So I have no idea really what happened between the two of them but I could tell it was going to be like a fairytale, hopefully with a happy ending.