Kabanata 34

Naglalakad kami sa tabi ng dagat, the sun is setting, Nasa likod ko siya habang naglalakad kami, walang nag uusap sa amin, tanging ang mga ingay lang sa malayo ang maingay at ang pag alon ng dagat.

"How are you..."

Lessio broke the silent, tumigil ako sa paglalakad at tumingin sa dagat. "I'm fine."

I'm fine, I guess. I looked at him, he looked worried, umiwas ako ng tingin. There is no way he's worried. Dapat masaya siya, dapat masaya siyang nakikita akong nasasaktan, Miserable. I still love him that I'm hurting, I'm hurting seeing him happy with what he did to me.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered.

"I'm sorry for what happened. Alessa told me you were depressed, she warn me to not talk to you, reason why I haven't explain anything." Napatingin ako sa kanya. Marahan siyang nakatingin sa akin. Huminga ako ng malalim bago nagsalita.

"Okay na iyon, I'm fine now. Iyan ba ang gusto mong sabihin?" Buong lakas kong sabi kahit na parang sasabog na Ang puso ko. Bakit pa siya mag e-explain? To defend his self?

"I want you to hear my explanation, I- I missed you..." Halos pabulong na Ang huling sinabi niya, I bit my lower lip. I miss him but I won't say that to him.

"I'm sorry for hurting you, I'm sorry dahil napagdaanan mo iyan dahil sa akin." Mahina niyang sabi, Hindi lang naman siya ang may kasalanan. Part of it is my condition.

"Can you hear my explanation?" He said, pursues me. I nodded, I want to take this pain away. In able to do that, I want to hear his explanation. Kahit na masasaktan nanaman ako, in able to end this pain. I just need to listen.

"You have issues, because of me. It's my fault why you didn't trust me, kaya ang bilis mong maniwala sa iba imbes na paniwalaan ako." He said, hurting.

"I... I won't ever do such thing, you were never a bet, never. I won't do that to you, there's a misunderstanding in our group, I know I said harshly words to you but I won't play others feelings. Hindi ako ganon kababa Taraka." He looked at me with a bloodshot eyes. Nag Iwas siya agad ng tingin, Napanganga ako.

"I truly love you, I still love you even though we hurt each other." Dagdag niya.

"What? W- what do you mean misunderstanding?" Lito kong tanong.

"One day, in our hide out. They found out that you like me, then suddenly they're talking about bet, If I can lure you. But I didn't make a move because of the bet they're talking about. I made a move because I like you that time and heard you broke up with your boyfriend." Nag Iwas siya ng tingin, ngumuso ako.

"Are you still f- friends with them?" I asked.

"They were never my friends. Rico's the only friend I got, maybe Flavia too. I cut ties with Gaia, because she's the one who said that lies to you, siya rin ang nag open up sa bet noon which is I don't understand, I thought she's matured." He answered.

Natahimik kami saglit bago ako nagsalita.

"How about Rico?" I curiously asked.

"Rico's still friends with the boys and Flavia but to the other two girls." They're both comfortable with Flavia.

"Rico and I fought when he found out about what happened." Mahina niyang sabi, nanlaki ang mata ko habang tinitignan siya. Malungkot siyang ngumiti.

"But we're fine now, he's in Paris. He plans to come back here next year." Is this closure? Tinitigan niya ako.

"You can ask me anything." Namamaos niyang sabi. He said he still love me, I still love him. But that doesn't mean na magkakabalikan kami.