First Sentence Prompt

My father was a king and the son of kings. Being the only child of a ruler that regularly stepped over the line to either be cruel and unforgiving to our people or the kindest and most helpful ruler that was willing to get his own hands dirty as he worked side by side with the people, I chose to never show my face outside the castle walls. The citizens knew of me, had seen me from a distance whether I was standing on a high balcony or at the top of the large staircase leading into the ballroom used strictly for important events and gatherings of other royals and regular people. Few outside the castle walls knew my face, and it's the way I like it. Traveling in the low warm shadows of sunsets, I tugged the hood of my deep violet cloak to make sure most of my face was obscured. I'd been mapping various ways to escape the kingdom and the royal obligations I would be subjected to come tomorrow's eve. My father had recently declared that tomorrow night would be a night of celebration and all were invited; everyone was invited to my apparent engagement party.

Not one person had asked for my hand, and I had repeatedly told my father I didn't agree with the idea of marrying someone for leverage or anything but for love. That discussion had lead to what I was doing now. A bag on my back covered by my cloak held what all I held most dear along with my most casual clothes. Unsurprisingly, my whole wardrobe showcased that my blood was royal. Frost white hair pulled back in a mid back length braid, cloak secured tightly around me, I made quick work of buying a few casual outfits from the few shops that were beginning to close for the night.

The few last minute things that had been bought safety tucked away in another bag separate from the one I had hidden beneath my cloak, I made my way through the town while handing a few homeless children and worn out parents a couple gold coins and jewels to help them ahead in life. It was surprisingly easy for me to go into the vault my father had attached to his bedchamber and take all of his private collection of jewels, coins and small trophies from our families many fallen foes from the safe locked inside the vault. He would rage and accuse our servants until he would inevitably come to my chambers and find me long gone with the assistance of numerous bedsheets, blankets and an old tapestry.

I clambered through the last back streets of our city before disappearing in the brush as I entered the dense forest that almost completely surrounded our kingdom. I had my escape waiting for me. Barely a week ago, my solid black steed had supposedly gone missing when in reality I had snuck him out of the castle stables and secured him in a clearing deep in the woods. Nightly I would sneak from the castle to be sure he had plenty of food around and could reach the nearby stream for water. I had been by his side since he was born, taking care of him since his mother had died in the process of having him. Being loyal to me and me alone made it easy to take him wherever I needed to, I rarely used any form of rope to guide him. Breaking through a treeline and stumbling into a clearing, my face broke into a wide smile while my equally wide violet eyes didn't bother to contain the few happy tears that had begun to fall.

"Raven. We'll soon be free. It's time for our own private adventure now." I spoke in hushed yet excited tones as I quickly secured his saddle and everything else he needed so I could ride him.

With a soft wenny, Raven slowly knelt enough for me to be able to climb on top of him. One bag remaining under my cloak while the other was tied to a part of his saddle, I took the reins and quickly gave him a gentle kick so he would take off in a sprint.

AN: Sorry, ran out of time and yes the first like is from The Song Of Achilles.