1.1

It's been a week. Luke had still been giving Ashton the silent treatment. Ashton was still sneaking behind Luke's back to go see Michael. Luke didn't want to assume that something was going on between the two, but he couldn't help thinking they were together.

It hurt that Ashton would do that, break the trust they have with each other over a guy. As much as Luke liked Michael, he wasn't going to be worth it anymore if he's the one that ruins their friendship.

It was past midnight when Ashton arrived at his shared apartment. He noticed the TV was on and a movie was playing. Ashton barely noticed Luke wrapped up in blankets in the dark room. The faint sound of sniffling was heard as he approached the room.

"Lukey? Are you okay...?" Ashton asked, worry evident in his voice. Ashton had a hunch as to why Luke was feeling this way. Since Ashton knew the tears weren't from the fact that he was watching The Little Mermaid.

Luke frantically wiped his tear-stained cheeks, scoffing toward his so-called-friend, "It's not like my best friend has been going behind my back to date the guy I like." Sarcasm dripping from his words.

Ashton was at lost for words. When he didn't answer all Luke's assumptions were answered.

"Luke, please. I-I was lonely. I didn't-"

"Didn't what? Think you'd hurt me? You even said the other week you would know I'd be hurt. Did you forget about that conversation?"

"No!" Ashton exclaimed, "I clearly remember you saying to date him."

"You knew I didn't mean it..."

Ashton scoffed not in the mood to be having this conversation again, getting up to leave to his room. "Then don't say things you don't mean."

"Same goes for you! Don't tell me you won't do something and then go behind my back to do it!" Luke yelled after Ashton.

////

The next morning Luke woke up on the couch to the sound of doorbell ringing. Luke figured it wasn't important so he wrapped himself up with the blankets off the couch and walked into the kitchen to find something to eat.

Right as he went to open the fridge the doorbell rang again, groaning Luke dragged himself to open the front door of the apartment, not even bothering to look through the peephole first.

When Luke opened the door he came face-to-face with the one person he wasn't in the mood to see.

"What do you want Calum? I'm not in the mood."

Calum laughed and pushed past Luke and walked straight into the kitchen.

Luke rolled his eyes, "Just make yourself at home."

"Well aren't you a big ball of sunshine this morning." Calum giggled to himself, he shuffled around the kitchen opening random cabinets looking for something to eat, settling on a bag of chips and hopped up on the counter. "I'm assuming you found out their little secret and that's why you're in such a pissy mood."

"Not to sound anymore rude, but what are you doing here? I've talked to you maybe twice."

"I'm here to help you win Michael's heart. I know he likes Ashton, but when I had lunch with them the other day something felt...off? I know you feel something for him and maybe you're what he's missing, not Ashton." Calum explained, Luke just shook his head.

"I'm not what he's missing. He was nice to me and watched some TV with me till Ashton got home, but it was only for Ashton's sake. Honestly, Michael probably thinks I'm some crazed obsessed fan that only wants to get in his pants." Luke sighed sadly. "That's far from the truth though..."

"See! He made up assumptions of you before he took a chance to figure you out." Calum exclaimed rather loudly, Luke shushed him and told him to shut up so he doesn't wake up Ashton.

Calum held his hands up in defense, "What I was saying before you rudely interrupted," Calum joked, "Was if you just try and show him who you really are, we could fix this. Because I barely know you and I can assure you that you're not a crazy obsessed fan, you just enjoy watching Life as a Clifford. Also finding Michael attractive which isn't a crime. "

Luke nodded. "So when do we start with this plan of yours?"

"As soon as we can."

"How about after I get off work?" Luke questioned.

"Sounds like a plan."

////

an: this is the last update for the week. Because the next few days are crazy, I have drivers ed, babysitting, prom, and I'm visiting family. I'll try to write in my free time but I won't update again till Monday.

Thanks for reading :)