Chapter 1

Ever since the Krystums and the Cragsters met each other and danced, the Krystums decided to hold a welcome party for every mixel to see. In fact, literally everyone (except those dastardly nixels) was invited by Khrisstie herself! The welcome party was held in the Crystal Caves & had A TON of party supplies ranging from tables stocked with all kinds of food (Including Ore-ios, a sandwich that's just ore deposits between stone slabs), a ballooñata hung on a pole, a colorful banner that said "WELCOME!", and much more. What's better is that Vulk volunteered to be the DJ since he has had excellent experience ever since the Mixel Festival.

"Wow, it's been a while since we've been to a party like this." Said Meltus.

"Yeah, hehe. This is an awesome party!" Complimented Burnard.

Under the welcome banner, there was a podium with a note that said "ANNOUNCEMENT PODIUM" stuck onto it. Glassie walked to the podium and adjusted the tiny microphone on it, which made a loud hum.

"Ahem, attention every mixel, gather around the welcome banner." Announced Glassie.

"I, the leader of the Krystums, am so happy that we, the Krystums, got to meet more mixels than ever! Smooth moves, Tentro! Impressive hamlonga sandwich eating, Zaptor!"

The crowd of mixels looked at Zaptor who was at the table of food as he was about to eat a hamlonga sandwich. He paused to look at the crowd of mixels.

"Come on, this party won't be like lazzzzt time!" Said Zaptor.

The crowd of mixels looked back at Glassie except for Flain, but that was because he saw a mysterious, gray, faraway cave behind Zaptor, and it looked like its entrance was blocked by some yellow tape.

"Ahem, LET'S GET MIXEL!" Exclaimed Glassie.

As Vulk started DJing, everyone started dancing except for Flain. Flain walked to Khrisstie who was talking with Zaptor at the food table.

"Hey, crystal compadre?" Flain asked Khrisstie.

"Oh, heya Flain!" Said Zaptor & Khrisstie.

"So why is that cave blocked out?" Flain asked Khrisstie as he pointed to the faraway cave behind Zaptor.

"Bad news, my tribemates wouldn't tell me." Replied Khrisstie.

"But they DO tell me to stay away from it at all costs for some reason!"

Flain looked at Khrisstie and back at the cave, could there be something more to this cave than all it seems?

"Is it cool if we sneak out?" Whispered Flain.

"Well, no one's saying it's not cool." Khrisstie whispered back.

"She'zzzz not wrong." Agreed Zaptor.

And so, Flain, Zaptor, and Khrisstie sneaked out of the party to walk towards the cave, looking at the yellow tape that said "DO NOT ENTER" all over it. Since the tape was completely covering the entrance, Flain told Khrisstie and Zaptor to back away from the entrance, and then he launched a fireball at the tape using his firey head. Inside the cave, it was completely covered in light blue crystal ores, and even giant crystal pillars, too!

"Why wouldn't they want uzzzz in this place?" Asked Zaptor.

"Glassie and Trunzpie said 'it's for my own good', even though I don't know what that means." Said Khrisstie.

Flain looked at a giant crystal pillar and looked at his reflection. Suddenly, his reflection glitched, and gray chains were seen on it for a brief moment. Flain flinched and walked towards Zaptor. Meanwhile, Zaptor was trying to pull a heavy crystal ore off of the wall of the cave, and Khrisstie was busy looking at some more crystal ores.

"Hey, you need some help, man?" Asked Flain.

"I could really use some." Said Zaptor.

Flain grabbed Zaptor and they both tried getting out the ore, but it was stuck onto there, until... Zaptor yelped as he swiped his hands off of the crystal so fast, you would think that the crystal suddenly became lava-hot.

"What's wrong?" Asked Flain.

"I don't know, zzzzomething stinged me!" Complained Zaptor.

When Zaptor & Flain looked back at the crystal ore, they saw that their reflections were looking really different from them. Flain's reflection in the ore had no pupils, jagged prongs, gray chains all around him, and a ball on a chain on his leg. Zaptor's reflection in the ore also had no pupils, but the rod on his head was bent and cracked.

"I got a bad feeling about this." Worried Zaptor.

"SHUT UP, ZAPTOR!" Barked a voice that sounded like Flain but echoey.

"Hey, don't be so rude." Said Zaptor.

"Wait, what?" Asked Flain.

"I didn't even say anything."

"STOP LYING, KING OF LIES!" Shouted a voice that sounded like Zaptor but slightly echoey.

When that voice told him to stop lying, Flain saw that Zaptor's mouth didn't move. Zaptor's expression changed from annoyed to confused as he looked around.

"Wait, where's that voice coming from?" Asked Flain.

"I got no idea." Replied Zaptor.

Khrisstie looked at Zaptor & Flain and asked if they were saying something, meaning that Khrisstie was completely distracted by the crystal pillar during this situation. Flain and Zaptor looked at their reflections in the ore again, and their reflections now looked normal.

"Khrisstie? You wonder why your tribemates didn't want us here?" Asked Flain.

"I thought it was because someone set up a prank here." Guessed Khrisstie.

"Or a trap." Said Zaptor.

"Or worse..." Said the echoey voices together.

The three mixels looked around, only to find that the entrance was being blocked by some crystals rapidly forming, covering the entrance. Meanwhile, back at the welcome party, a few mixels were starting to notice that Flain, Zaptor, & Khrisstie weren't in the party anymore.

"Hey, where's Flain?" Asked Vulk.

"Yeah, yeah! Me no see Zaptor or Khrisstie anywhere!" Shouted Krader.

"Zorch pulling prank on us?" Shuff asked Krader.

"Guys? I'm right here." Said Zorch as he took off his blindfold and dropped the baseball bat near the ballooñata pole.

"And why would I just make Flain, Zaptor, and Khrisstie dissappear anyway?"

Trunzpie was leaning on one of the poles that held up the welcome banner, but then he saw that the yellow tape in the cave was ripped off, and there were some light blue stuff halfway covering it.