i

Teruhashi's mary janes clicked satisfyingly on the pavement. Her pink a-line dress gracefully flew in the wind like a bird. Her dark blue hair draped over her shoulders and back. She was perfect in every way. Not to mention her aura could put anyone under her spell. People cleared a path on the sidewalk for her, standing on either side like she was a princess. Teruhashi was used to all this special treatment. She couldn't help herself. She was just that beautiful. She was a goddess in the eye of society with everything at her fingertips. And all she had to do was smile. It was just that easy.
Teruhashi's walk to the mall was the same as always. Get noticed, get praised, get free stuff. Though sometimes the occasional confession was thrown in the mix. She grinned knowing that every boy wanted her and every girl wanted to be her.
Her grin faded shortly as clouds started closing in the sky and snow rapidly falling all around her. The ground was soon covered in heavy snowfall and buildings soon turned invisible. Her skin stung the more and more she stood there. She felt as if swords were being thrown at her. Her fingertips grew numb by the second and she was able to see her own breath. She finally realized what was happening.

“Miss! Are you okay?!”

“Oh no! You must be freezing!”

“Have my jacket!”

“Here's my umbrella!”

“I’ll walk you home!”

Teruhashi looked around at the crowd that surrounded her.  Her vision faded in and out as the harsh wind got even stronger.
“N..no it's ok…I can go off by myself.” Her voice was weak, quiet, and raspy. After she reassured everyone, she started her way to a house. Each step she took caused her pain, but Teruhashi was known for not giving up. Just ask Kusuo Saiki. ‘It’s just a five minute walk. You            can do this Teruhashi.’  

She knocked harshly on the door, her knuckles red from the cold. She desperately hoped that she would answer the door. Waiting out there was a death sentence. Finally, after a couple of seconds, the door opened.

"Teruhashi?"

"I-Imu….hello."