〘 𝐈𝐈𝐈 〙𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞

━━━━━━━┓ °• ✿ •° ┏━━━━━━━

It is dark when Hanamurasaki opens her eyes.

Wait. No. She takes that back.

Sitting up, a damp cloth once covering her eyes unceremoniously plops into her lap, and she finds not her usual extravagant courtesan kimonos on, but rather a simple cotton one, likely meant for bed. Seeing as she is now in a futon, a glass of water, matcha, and a still-steaming cup of miso by her side, it seemed as though she had just collapsed or fell unconscious.

Then, had the deal she stuck with the Tenryou Commission been a stress-induced dream?

Furrowing her eyebrows, Hanamurasaki leans over to pick up the glass of water when something swings down from her neck, clinking at it knocks against the cup. She lifts the chain. It's a necklace, an outdated style but that was besides the point. A classic Shinto ward hung in her palm, carved haphazardly into a crow's feather, inscribed with a haiku she had never heard before:

A promise is made

Under the eye of the crow,

A red moon rises.

Not a haiku. A threat. So her absolutely joyous meeting with the Tenryou Commissioner had not been a nightmare after all. Hanamurasaki clicks her tongue, still swinging the necklace back and forth as she watches with distaste.

First things first, she refuses to wear such a crude piece, and she quickly works to remove the charm from the necklace. Reaching up for her hairpins she realizes that whoever changed her- likely the Kamisato maids- had undone her hairdo as well, dyed black locks sweeping down to the floor and kanzashi pins nowhere to be found. With another huff, she instead opts to remove an earring, unfastening the sakura broach and replacing it with the inscripted crow charm before placing it back through her ear.

Their promise was sealed, and Hanamurasaki would soon have the Iwakura Clan restored to their former honor and glory.

All for the price of the Kamisato Commissioner's head.

Her fists clenched around the silk sheets before she throws them off, stumbling to her feet. Fine, so be it. She'd be doing the people of Inazuma a favor regardless by ridding this accursed nation of one of more those damned Vision wielders.

"Oh, you're awake!"

Hanamurasaki whips her head around, meeting the relived gaze of a woman, carrying a tray with another fresh portion of matcha and miso soup atop. She must be one of the maids...