I'll Never Stop Loving You

"I love you so much, my little dove." She murmured in your ear, holding you close against her toned body under the sheets.

"I love you too bluebird." You giggled, lightly nipping at her earlobe before settling your head down on her chest. "I'll never stop loving you."

Your heart beat hard in your chest as you let it sink in that you had just said your first I love you's. And soon you fell asleep, wrapped in the embrace of your bluebird.

~~~

"Wise men say, only fools rush in. But I can't help falling love with you." You took her hand and spun her into a dip, leaning down and touching your nose to hers as you finished the stanza of the infamous Elvis song. "Shall I stay? Would it be a sin... If I can't help falling in love with you." And you kissed her. And kissed her. And kissed her.

~~~

You were walking hand in hand along the beach, the dawn just barely breaking. You paused to watch the sunrise, taking in the beauty of the sky fretted with golden fire and taking in the beauty of the woman beside you. She was captivating, intriguing. She looked at you with a bright grin.

"What's on your mind sweetheart?" She pulled you into a hug and you smiled against her loose blue-black hair.

"You." With that you pulled away from her grasp and knelt in front of her, reaching into your pocket and pulling out a box. She tilted her head slightly, that signature birdlike movement that was so endearing to you. And it hit her as you began to speak.

"Alma Lefay Peregrine, you are the most wonderful reality of my life. I want to grow old with you and spend every second loving you. Will you marry me?" You held the box out and opened it, the ring inside sparkling in the slowly brightening sunlight.

"Yes. I would marry you a million times, y/n."

~~~

She pressed you up against the wall of your bedroom, tugging at your black wedding dress as she left marks down the column of your neck. You let out small groans as she nibbled your pulse point, before pulling away and reaching around you to unzip your dress. you took over, unzipping it and changing quickly into your nightclothes. Alma looked at you confusedly and you shrugged. "Goodnight, Alma. I'm tired. I'm sorry. I love you." She nodded and returned your words, crawling into bed and cuddling up to your body.

~~~

You woke, eyes wide and a slight sheen of sweat coating your skin. You quickly stood up and paced around the room, your eyes never leaving the woman laying in your bed, sound asleep. And then you climbed out the window, dropping to the roof below and sitting there for hours until she came looking for you.

Her beloved little dove.

~~~

Alma woke up in bed alone, feeling your your body but finding nothing but cold sheets. She sighed. It wasn't the first time. It had been happening more and more as your marriage went on. She decided that now was the time she would say something.

She dressed herself and did her hair as always, pinning each strand carefully in place. Then she brushed her teeth and made sure she was fully ready to head downstairs where she would begin making breakfast.

The children began waking up just as she was finishing up setting the table but there was still no sign of you. Just as she gave everyone the cue to eat you strolled in, disheveled with your hair unbrushed and still in your dark blue nightgown. She gave you a concerned look as you sat down by her.

"Honey, are you alright?" She asked, resting a hand on your knee. You placed your hand over hers and held on, so tightly that she almost wanted to pull away.

"I'm perfectly fine, dear." You answered, reaching across the table to grab the plate of bacon she had made for breakfast. You placed three slices on your plate and alarm bells immediately went off in her head.

You were vegetarian.

"Y/n, honey-" She was cut off as you bit into the bacon, eyes locked with hers as you let out a throaty groan at the taste. She swallowed hard and closed her eyes for a second, trying to get herself back in line.

"Delicious." You grinned at her and she gave you a halfhearted smile. She was really worried now.

"My dove, we need to talk after breakfast."

"Do we?"

"Yes, we do." Alma pulled her hand away from yours and ate her food quickly, which encouraged the children to do the same. "Emma, if you would lead the walk. I'm staying behind today with y/n." Emma nodded and herded the children out the door as the headmistress gathered the plates and set them in the kitchen sink. You simply sat there, watching her. The way she moved, the slight swish of her hips. She returned to your side and held out a hand, which you just stared blankly at.

She retracted her hand with a small sigh and elected to instead sit back in her chair beside you.

"Y/n, I'm concerned about you darling."

"Why?" You tilted your head and looked innocently at the beauty beside you.

"You've not been acting yourself recently. You're distant. You used to wake me up every morning for kisses and cuddles and now I wake up and you're gone. You ate bacon- You're a vegetarian, and even if you weren't you hate meat. You won't return my affections anymore." Your relaxed demeanor grew more tense as she spoke. "Do you still love me?"

"I loved you." You sniffed and she tensed her jaw.

"Loved?"

"Yes. I loved you greatly once. But since then I have realized that you are a pest. You're a nuisance. Always begging for my touch and being so needy. You just can't get enough of me and frankly it's obnoxious. Honestly I would suggest you just leave. The children feel the same." At your last sentence she stood, pushing her chair back roughly and aggressively wiping the tears from her eyes.

"You can insult me all you want. You can tear my heart to shreds- Hell, you already have- But you do not get to say a word about my children." She hissed, her voice breaking halfway through. Her heart was in tatters and you knew it but you somehow gained a sick joy from it.

"You're the one who agreed to marry me." You fired back and she softened. She had married you because she loved you with all of her heart. And she wasn't ready to lose you.

"My love. We can fix this, I know we can. Please tell me how I can fix this." She pleaded with you but you scoffed.

"There's nothing left to be fixed."

She stepped toward you and reached for your arm, attempting to pull you into a hug. But as soon as her body collided with yours she stumbled and as she looked into your eyes you gave her a wicked grin.

"You promised you would never stop loving me." She whispered, falling to her knees as you pulled the knife from her chest. You watched as she crumpled, her once lively gaze going blank and dead as she fell, never to rise again.

"I lied."