one.

zaria whines as i drag her into the bathroom of Tou Les Jours. "where is everyone else?!" i whisper-shout in front of the sinks. the restaurant reeks of fanciness to the point it makes me want to barf.

"um well... you see i may have left out a few details regarding who's coming tonight." zaria winces when i grab and squeeze her wrists.

"what do you mean." i give her a blank look. "who is coming tonight other than you and matt?" zaria smiles at the mention of her boyfriend but drops her face when i squeeze harder. "tell me everything you know."

zaria wiggles and twists her wrists in an attempt to escape my grasp. "ok ok!" she whines. "i'll tell you everything, but let me go first!"

i release my grip on her wrists. "talk."

"no one else is actually coming."

"zaria?!"

"let me finish!" the girl rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. "matt brought his brother chris and i brought you. we planned on dipping and leaving you two behind on a date but i'm starting to think you might rip chris's eyes out instead!"

now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "you're stupid."

"i kind of realize that now." zaria pouts. she's like a puppy. "the only thing is chris doesn't know this is supposed to be a 'blind' date because no one told him!"

"why not?"

"because unlike my boyfriend, i have someone who's willing to break my wrists for answers!" zaria whisper shouts. i raise my left brow and cross my arms. it's an almost mimic of her composure.

"are you gonna focus on my arm strength or are you gonna talk about how you thought it was a good idea to rope me into a double date?"

zaria rolls her eyes. "it sounded like a good idea at the time! chris is single and you're single. he's pretty and you're pretty. chris is... chris and you're... you." she started listing reasons before stopping once she saw my furrowed brows. "daisy, i'm trying to help you okay. i know you haven't been on a date since mason and i'm just trying to help."

"i appreciate the intent ria, but i don't want your help." i sternly said. "i didn't ask for it."

"a 'thank you zaria for trying to get me out of my angry at the world phase' would be nice." she muttered under her breath. "please, just give it a chance... for me?" she sighed.

i placed a finger on my chin and looked up at the ceiling, pretending to think for a moment. "no." i gave her a tight smile. "i think i'd rather die."

"see! you're mad at the world because of mason! a new guy is what you need!" zaria exclaimed.

"i think i'd rather die." i repeated. "plus matt doesn't even know me. i doubt he'd stay once he learns it's a blind date."

"just do it for me?" zaria pleaded. she put her hands together and gave me a to die for puppy dog stare.

no wonder chris gives her everything she wants.

"fine." i said. "only on one condition."

"anything."

"you don't try to make me fall in love with chris sturniolo."

lorelei speaks
i'm rewriting this entire story to give it more of a better plot. if you were here since the og story i love you so much please be my friend i wanna kiss you no homo