Sweater Weather

The sky was gray and snow was falling down hard. Jack and Dean pulled up to their flat and got out of the car. Both immediately started shivering as they went to the trunk.

"I told you we should've gone to the grocery store YESTERDAY!" Jack shouted at his companion.

"Well, how was I supposed to know the bloody snow would arrive early?" Dean asked.

"That's your problem, you never think ahead. You always fly by the seat of your pants."

"Hey, it's gotten me through life just fine so far. In fact, isn't that one of the things you claim to love about me?"

"Yeah, when it comes to video ideas or having a fun day out. NOT when it comes to being negligent in preparing for inclement weather!"

"You know what? I'm freezing my fingers off and snow is getting into my hair. Let's just get the stuff in so we can get warm."

"Fine by me."

Once they put the groceries in their proper places, Dean went to the closet and looked for the sweater he wore in their Stairs video. When he found it, he slipped it on and headed back into the kitchen. Jack looked at him and his brow furrowed in confusion.

"Why in the world are you wearing that?" he asked.

Dean rolled his eyes. "Because it's cold, duh. Yours is still in there too if you feel like warming up. I'm gonna make myself some hot chocolate."

Jack shrugged and went into their bedroom and looked in the closet. He found his sweater and put it on. An idea struck him and he grabbed Dean's favorite DVD from off the shelf and got a blanket before going back into the living room and sitting on the couch.

"Hey Dean, could you make me a cup too?"

"Sure, whatever, you lazy arse," Dean said. Jack could tell he didn't mean the insult so he didn't retort.

While Dean was busy, Jack put the DVD inside the player and changed the TV to the proper channel. When Dean came into the room, he gave his boyfriend a curious look.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Since we're gonna be stuck in the house for a while, I thought we'd cuddle up and watch some movies," Jack said.

Dean smiled and sat down next to Jack before giving him his cup of hot chocolate. He spread the blanket so it would cover the both of them and then scooted closer to his boyfriend.

"So, what movie are we watching?" Dean asked.

"Well, it's not exactly a movie. More like a marathon," Jack said.

"A marathon of what?"

Jack held up Dean's Adventure Time DVD Box Set and smiled. Dean leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"I figured this would be a good way to make up for yelling at you before."

"No, it's okay. I deserved to get yelled at. I should've listened to you."

"Let's just forget about it and relax."

"Fine by me."

"By the way, did I tell you that you look adorable in that sweater?"

"No, but thank you. You don't look half bad in yours either."

Jack pressed play on the DVD remote and as the title for Adventure Time started playing, Dean took a sip of his hot chocolate before wrapping his free arm around Jack's waist. Jack wrapped his arm around Dean's shoulder. They smiled at each other before turning back to the TV.

______________________________________________

AN: This particular short story was inspired by the tags in their "Stairs" video.

Hope you liked it. Comments are appreciated.