Of Bubble Popping and OTPs

Jack and Dean were sitting on the living room couch looking through their Tumblr ship tag, laughing at some of the posts and making jokes. They came across a post that was a story about them and it said it was inspired by a prompt from the blog OTPPrompts.

"Let's check it out. Maybe we'll find some that fit us," Dean said.

Jack nodded and clicked the link to the blog. "Hmm...Imagine your OTP smashing an annoying CD together."

"Like Brian and Stewie did on Family Guy."

"Is there a CD that both of us hate enough that we would want to smash it to pieces?" Jack asked.

"I don't think so. Neither one of us has an artist or a song we really hate."

"Let's see. Person A tries to ask Person B out. They both end up fainting."

"How-how would that even happen?" Dean asked. "Do they both have some sort of neurological condition that causes them to faint when near each other?"

"I'm guessing the stress of the event overloads their emotional circuits and they end up blacking out or some bullshit."

"Alright, let's go to the next page. Imagine your OTP meeting Kate Middleton but finding out she's a huge fangirl who writes tons of fanfiction about them."

"That would certainly be a surprise," Jack said chuckling.

"Yeah, and it would be creepy too."

"Why?" Jack asked, turning to Dean.

"She's a grown woman who the rest of the world considers royalty and who Brits hold a great deal of respect for and yet she spends all her free time writing fictional stories about us and looking up fanart and going through our Tumblr tag. Would that not strike you as weird? What would her husband say?"

"I guess you have a point. William would probably think she was cheating on him."

Jack went down the list and laughed at one in particular. "Listen to this one. Imagine your OTP in leather jackets casually walking down the street because they know they look sexy as fudge."

Dean grinned. "We could make a video about that."

"Yeah. Of course, I actually am sexy as fudge so I'd be able to pull the look off easily."

"You're saying I'm not sexy?" Dean asked, now looking annoyed.

"You're...cute. Very, very cute. I'm not saying you can't look sexy, but it's not the first word that comes to mind in describing you."

"Well, later today, I'm going to find a leather jacket and show you just how sexy I can be," Dean said, wearing a confident smile.

Jack returned his smile. "Alright, Dean. Looking forward to it."

"You know, I just noticed this, but there are these little bubbles with ducks inside floating around the whole page," Dean said.

"Yeah, you're right," Jack said, looking at the screen.

"I wonder what happens if you click on them."

"Well, let's find out." Jack moved to click on one and as soon as the cursor touched the bubble, it popped, with the duck floating down before disappearing. "That's kind of cute."

"Hey, what do you say we have a little competition? See which one of us can pop as many bubbles in a minute."

"Okay, but I warn you now, you're going to lose," Jack said.

"Nice fantasy, but my fingers move far faster than yours. It's a benefit from playing video games so much."

"Your fingers may be faster, but your hand-eye coordination is rubbish.  And besides, you're not clicking on anything; you're just moving a mouse."

"I don't need hand-eye coordination for this."

"We'll see. How are we going to keep the time?"

"We can use my mobile. It has an app that functions like a stop watch. Do you want to go first?"

"Sure; that way I don't have to wait to humiliate you."

Dean took out his phone and clicked on the app he wanted to use. "Okay, I just tap to start the timer. Are you ready?"

"Ready."

"Three...two...one...GO!"

Jack started moving the cursor around frantically, trying to catch and pop as many bubbles as he could.

"I hope you're keeping count," Dean said.

"Shut up!"

Before Jack knew it, Dean called time. "So, how many did you manage to get?" he asked.

"Eighteen at my count," Jack said.

"Alright, now it's my turn." Dean handed the phone to Jack and got in position. "Whenever you're ready."

"Ready...set...GO!"

Dean moved the mouse around as fast as he could and when Jack called time, Dean was grinning from ear to ear.

"How many did you get?" Jack asked.

"Twenty-four," he said proudly.

Jack looked at him in disbelief. "What? How is that possible?"

"I told you, my fingers are much faster than yours."

"Screw you. Best two out of three."

"You're on!"

***

After three more rounds, which Dean won two of, Jack was pouting while Dean was basking in victory.

"Oh come on Jack, it was just a stupid little game."

"I know that, but I hate losing to you because you do what you're doing now; you gloat and it's annoying."

"It's not my fault you suck at this, or as you say, it's not my fault you're rubbish. Besides, if you had won, you'd be gloating too."

Jack sighed. "Eh, I suppose you're right. "

"Let me see if I can make you feel better."

"How?"

"Imagine person A of your OTP is feeling down for whatever reason. To make them feel better, Person B decides to get a blanket and cuddle up with Person A while they watch Person A's favorite movie or TV show," Dean said with a smile.

Jack gave him a surprised look before his mouth slowly stretched into a smile. "Do I have to just imagine it or can we make it a reality?"

"That was my plan."

"Well, how about I expand on that prompt idea?" Jack said, moving closer to Dean.

"How?" Dean asked, scooting closer in response.

"Bonus: Person A kisses Person B as a show of gratitude." And before Dean could respond, Jack did just that.

_________________________________

AN: If it wasn't obvious, this story is based off a prompt from OTPPrompts. I hope you enjoy it. Comments and votes are appreciated.