𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄

"I simply want to make sure my safety, that's all

"I simply want to make sure my safety, that's all. I don't want to die young after all"

༻❁༺

   CALE looked around as he walked hand in hand with you through the Market Area. Whenever he made eye contact with a merchant, they either avoided his gaze or fled. Cale truly lives up to his moniker "Trash of the Family."

As you passed through the market and headed towards the western part of the city, You sensed a swarm of pairs of eyes on you and Cale's linked hand.

     Wanting to avoid starting a rumor.

You tried, Keyword: tried pulling your hand free from Cale's grip. However. Cale, on the other hand, merely tightened his grip on your hand, indicating that he isn't about to let go anytime soon.

The slum is situated on the west side of the city. There will always be a slum, no matter how prosperous the territory is. To put it another way, there will always be poor people asking for money and food.

As soon as you and Cale soon entered the ghetto, you could feel people peering at you. The majority of people who reside here are both impoverished and viscous.

As you glanced out the corner of your eyes and saw a pair of yellow eyes not far away, You could feel the hunger glinting in their eyes as a drool of hunger dripped out of their mouth, their gaze solely concentrated on the sack of bread Cale's has been carrying.

You can't help but feel sorry for the two small youngsters, who look as if they haven't eaten in a long time. This kind of suffering should not be experienced at such a young age.

    'After I'm done here, I should pay those two a visit and feed them,' you thought, smiling at your plan.

As Cale continued walking with his hand clenched in yours, oblivious to the stares he was receiving. The mud began to smear the tip of his expensive leather shoes.

Then something unidentified adores passed through both of your noses, causing your and Cale's noses to pucker up in disgust.

This caused him to walk even quicker this time, dragging you along with him. As the two of you walked straight ahead, a little hill appeared in your field of vision not far away. People's stares and whispers start to go away, waves of relief washed over you.

After finally being out of the stink of the territory's slums. As you turned around to look at the western city, you and Cale stood on the top of the tiny hill. You deduced that the hill wasn't as high as the count's estate.

Well, it was only reasonable that the Lord wouldn't allow the lord of the territory to live somewhere that was lower than the slums

A powerful cold breeze blew by you unexpectedly. Your red ribbon hair tie quickly untied, causing your long-length hair to spring out and flutter in the breeze, causing you to softly squeak in surprise. Your hair strands were brushing against your cheeks.