Chapter 3

Stories 

Stories 

I WAS ALWAYS A SUCKER FOR A GOOD STORY. Whether it is real or not I loved the way romance carried through a soul even after you'd read the book. 

But I didn't have any time to read as I woke up early and dressed in the horrible preppy uniform I'd been given by my mom. I looked as if I were going to Hogwarts with the plaid skirt and tie that was slowly smothering me by the way I'd put it on.

I also put on the thick blazer it required, ofcourse the only high school in this town was private. The only reason I'd gotten in was because of a volleyball scholarship. In my old school, I was a star player. While there I had rounded up a total of 928 points scored in the time I was there. That only being about 2 and a half years. 

So I was pretty good, but that doesn't mean I'll fit right into this preppy ass school. I didn't have luxury bags or listened to Ariana Grande or chatted about makeup. The best thing I've done was quit smoking after a week. 

"Cami! You're going to be late hurry up!" Mami shouted from downstairs and I reviewed myself in the mirror one more time. I smoothed over the uniform and picked up my bookbag with nothing but a book, some pens, and an old notebook from ninth grade. 

I slung it over my shoulder and went down the stairs, all the boxes were gone and everything was placed where it should be. The small decorations that we'd bought in Spain were all over the wall  

It looked like home but felt nothing like it. I picked off an apple from the centerpiece and gave Juli a quick kiss as she was eating tiny pieces of pancake on her highchair. My mom honked again outside and I rushed down the porch. But not before slowing down the seeing the most shocking thing. 

A boy coming down his porch next door to me, the same boy from the little incident we had while shopping. I watched as he roughly slammed the door of the driver's side of his car and sped away, a woman huffing from the door as she watched him leave. 

My mom honked once more now watching me through the driver's window with a furious look, I didn't take that long

I got into the passenger side and put my book bag down, I looked outside the window the entire way to the school. Many things were gone and many things looked the same. But overall there was more...wealth. There were more luxurious things around, better-built buildings and better shops. 

A billboard in the sky illuminated a bright smiling young woman, 'Kathryn Anna Dawson, Mayor of Pinecrest making groundbreaking changes for the greater good!"  

What a load of- 

"Cami, we're here" My mom broke my thoughts and I looked outside at the prestigious building made entirely of glass.

It was humongous... and it didn't help that it looked straight out of the year 3012. 

"Remember, behave Camila"