We're Not Friends| LaMelo Ball

In this story LaMelo is the main character, and it also features Kelly Oubre, Terry Rozier, and Miles Bridges. They aren't really in the story much at all and only come in at the end, but they are the friend group, along with an original character (OC) Shay.

This is highly inspired from the song friends by Ed Sheeran, a great song I suggest you listen to.

We're not friends, we could be anything.

If we try to keep those secrets safe.

No one will find out if it all went wrong.

They'll never know what we've been through.. -Ed Sheeran

"y/n!, Helloooo!" "Earth to y/n!"

I come to, seeing my best friend snapping in front of my face.

"Huh?, what!?" I replied flustered. I'm not sure how long she'd been there and I'm hoping she hadn't caught me staring again. It was always hard to watch Melo, flirt around and hang with other girls in the public scene, but it was what we both decided was best. To keep what we had on the low, everyone knowing would just bring about pressure, and neither of us wanted to ruin this.

"Girl, you staring at Melo...again! C'mon I'm supposed to be one of your bestfriends if you like him just tell me" she whined.

And trust me I wanted to tell her I did, honestly as I watched Melo, his arm around the shoulder of another girl, I wanted to tell the whole world, but what if it all went wrong?

"Shay, stop playing with me, I was just zoned out, I wasn't staring at Melo, don't nobody like him like that" I reply laughing off the situation, hoping she'll let it go but you know that won't happen.

"C'mon now you just so happen to-" she gets cut off by the bell signaling the start of the school day, and I've never been so happy for the school day to start in my life, I dash out of the cafeteria headed to my first class.

"We're still gonna talk about this!" she screams across the cafeteria, but I don't spare her another glance. I'm walking around the corner when I bump into a hard chest. I start to go off, but realize who it is.

"Good morning" Melo smiles at me. I don't bother replying, I step around him and attempt to head to my homeroom, before I'm grabbed by my waist, and spun back around.

"What's up with you?" he asked, confused.

"Nothing, I'm trying to go to class, move." I try again to turn around, but again I'm stopped, by now the halls are clearing, and I'm sure the late bell will be ringing in the next minute or two.

"Unh uh, don't tell me nothing when you ignoring me, what I do?" He asked again, His hands now wrapped more tightly around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. I'm starting to forget what I was mad about, with his hard chest against me, and his intoxicating smell around me.

"Can we talk about it later, I'm not tryna be la-"

"Too late" He says as I'm interrupted by the late bell.

I sigh in defeat, as I contemplate what to tell him. I don't want to seem like some crazy clingy girlfriend, and we did say we should act like nothings going on. Continue what we normally do in front of everybody so they wouldn't get suspicious, but I didn't know it would hurt like this, and my pride is really stopping me from telling him I'm jealous.

"You really not gon' answer me?" He questions leaning into my ear. His breath hitting my neck makes me shiver, I bite my lip to keep from making a sound, I don't want him to know the effect he has on me. But I can tell I failed as his soft chuckle fills my ear.

"Tell me what's wrong" He continues to whisper in my ear and I break.

"Fine but let's go to your car. I'm not telling you in here." I finally push him off and head towards the gym. We have to go through those doors, because the security guards are bound to still be at the front trying to stop people from ditching.

When we finally made it to his car, he opened the passenger door for me and I hopped in, I was still wracking my brain trying to figure out the best way to say it. My face was heating up with embarrassment, I mean I know Melo was just doing what I asked him to, so why was I so jealous? I was never the kind of girl to get jealous, nothing really bothered me but with Melo it was different.

"So... we just gon sit here or?"

"I...I was just...I don't know" I chicken out again, this was an emotion and conversation I had no experience with.

"Yes, you do, you can tell me anything, I'm not gonna be mad, if I did something wrong let me know so I can fix it." He grabs my hands and pulls me towards him, so I'm no longer facing the door, avoiding his gaze.

"Okay fine, but you didn't do anything wrong, you're doing what I ask you to, and I'm just...jealous." I say dropping my head again, I didn't want to look him in his face when I said it.

"Jealous? Of what?"

"You were all hugged up with Bria, this morning, I know I used to see you with girls all the time, I mean when we were just friends, it didn't phase me, I could get over it, even though I wanted it to be me. But now, that I know you feel the same, that it is me, It hurts a little more than I thought."

"I'm sorry, I wasnt tryna make you jealous, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, it's just, If we tell everyone, and this goes wrong, we won't just fuck up our friendship...we fuck it up for everybody, everbody will pick a side. But if they don't know and it goes wrong, they won't have to know what we're going through" I finally pull my eyes from my lap to look at him.

"You know, you keep saying that, but what if it doesn't go wrong, if we're honest, we've never just been friends...wasn't there always a little something extra between us? I think the only ones that didn't know it was us, our friends have been tryna get us together since like pre-k" He spoke. I chuckled as I thought about it, because it was true, maybe I was overthinking this.

Melo leans in and our lips connect. It's a soft and passionate kiss, it was different from the hungry kisses we had rushed through before, trying to be sure we didn't get caught. This one was patient. I was lost in the kiss, as things began to get heated. Melo pulled me from my seat onto his lap, his hands rubbing and squeezing my ass, and I was ready to risk it all in this car until I heard.

"Ahhh, see I told yall! I told y'all they was fucking"

I pop up, away from Melo, to see none other than Shay, and our group of friends, Kelly, Miles and Terry all standing around the car, laughing their asses off. My face heats in embarrassment, as I climb back over to my seat, I'm glad no one can see it when I blush, I put my head down, as me and Melo join in the laughter as well, I guess that's one way to break the news.