[005] fear is weakness

"murphy?"

"surprise!" his voice told me he was nervous for himself.

"why the hell were you following me?" kaia asks, angrily.

he forms a quick lie. "i saw you were leaving camp alone, i just wanted to make sure you didn't get taken my grounders."

that's the most bullshit lie she's ever heard. "mhm. look, i know what you saw. if you tell anyone i swear to Heda i will cut your head off and feed it to-"

"hey, hey. i got it. your secrets safe with me, princess." he says with a slight smirk.

kaia rolls her brown eyes as she helps murphy to his feet.
he hesitantly grabs her hand and pulls himself up. "so, grounder aye?"

the girl ignores his question. "that's badass."

she look at him with a disgust as she trudges towards camp. murphy follows.
"i mean it, cockroach. tell no one."

murphy scoffed. "you think i'm gonna help those people out?" he says, referring to the sky people. "they floated my old man for stealing medicine to save my life and sent me down here to die. i say let em die."

murphy is different. yeah, he is an ass but he's alone. and that made her feel for him.

~~~

murphy and kaia trekked their way back to camp and then went separate ways. she was in the dropship helping clarke with jasper and murphy was doing... whatever murphy does.

she watches as jasper lays there in pain. this was all her fault. this poor kid was suffering because she decided to spear him through the chest. she could've stopped it. how is she ever gonna be a leader if she can't even take a kill?

clarke interrupts her thoughts. "his pulse is 380."
jasper moans and groans in pain. the campers had been complaining all night that they couldn't sleep because he just wouldn't die. they didn't feel for him like kaia did.

"go back to sleep!"

"be quiet!"

clarke bends down to jaspers level. "don't listen to them. you're gonna make it through this, ok? promise."

"can he just die already?"

kaia stood up, angrily. she climbed down the ladder and onto the floor with campers on it. "are you serious!? there is a kid going through excruciating pain up there, because he risked his life to get you all food. and all you can think about is how loud he is being?"

"yet he didn't come back with any."

she rolls her eyes and exits the dropship. she was just ready to go back home, to Polis. she missed lincoln... an ounce of her even missed lexa.

as she exits the dropship, she hears a close scream. "no!"
she then looks around in search of person who made the small scream.

"no!"
she began to move closer to the screams.

then she came upon a small girl, sleeping on a log. "No! No!"
kaia climbed onto her log. "hey wake up." she said in a soft tone.

the girl was startled, but she awoke. "it's ok. it's ok. it was just a dream." she looks around, it seems like she didn't know where she was.