SWITCHING FLANNELS

SWITCHING FLANNELS

"SAM!" A voice echoed through the walls of the bunker and tore Sam out of his sleep. Dean yelling his name was a thing Sam had gotten used to, sometimes Dean yelled because he was mad, sometimes he was in danger and sometimes just because he was bored.

But this one was different. Dean being awake before Sam was different. Sam forced himself to open his eyes and let out a short scream. This wasn't the ceiling he always avoided looking at when he was trying to sleep. This was Dean's ceiling. Dean's room.

"Dude, why am I in your room?" Sam coughed in order to clear his throat. His morning voice was awful. Because Dean didn't answer, Sam reached under the pillow and grabbed the gun Dean always kept there.

You sleepwalked. You feel weird because you just woke up, Sam told himself. But the fact that he seemed to have shrunk overnight didn't seem like something sleep deprivation could explain.

"What the hell?" He stopped in the doorframe, seeing no one less but himself, staring back at him. Sam ran to the mirror on his left. "Oh no." He looked like Dean. "Sammy, I never thought I'd say this, but you look amazing. Like, hot, amazing."

"Ha, ha. Very funny. What the hell is going on?", Sam asked. "My guess? Trickster.", Dean said. "Gabriel? Why would he do that?" "Let's find out.", Dean said, "After I had some coffee. I might need a double espresso to recover from waking up like this."

"Dean, we're trapped in each other's body, and all you think about is coffee?" "Priorities, Sam. And again, you shouldn't be the one complaining, I'd freak out if I was that good-looking, even just for a day... Oh wait, I am.", he winked and switched on the coffee machine.

Sam rolled his eyes. "And do me a favour and bring your hairbrush, would you?", Dean asked from the kitchen. "I gotta tame that fierce bird nest on my head. Or just shave it off, we'll see." "Don't you dare cut my hair.", Sam warned and threw him his hairbrush. "Now, be honest. You don't have any idea why Gabriel would do this?"

"How would I know? I'm not the one screwing him.", Dean took a zip of coffee. "Okay, what's it look like, do I have to go for a morning run now? Work out? Eat rabbit food?" "Just... Try to get some vitamins.", Sam said, shaking his head.

"Got it. Man, Sam, how do you live like this? The air up here is-", he sniffled dramatically as he fanned himself some air. "All I'm saying is that I really have to make sure I don't hit my head. Your head." "Oh don't worry. We'll summon Gabriel and he'll turn us back. It's just one of his dumb pranks."

"Good morning, Dean.", Castiel appeared behind Sam and placed a short kiss on Sam's cheek. "Uhm, Cas. Wrong brother. I'm not Dean. It's Sam." Castiel looked back and forth between them. "Oh." After a long pause he added, "If you're Sam, then Dean is in your body?"

"Yup." Dean waved at Castiel. "Do I still get a good morning kiss?" "Yeah, I'm just gonna... Not look.", Sam said and turned his head to the other side. „Morning, Cas. How are you?", Dean asked. "I'm going to need some time to get used to this.", Castiel sighed.

"You won't need to at all if we could just reverse this already.", Sam said. "And how?", Castiel asked. "We were actually hoping you could help, since this is your brother's handwriting.", Dean said and dumped some cornflakes into a bowl.

"Gabriel?" "Yeah. He wasn't here this morning and he doesn't answer his phone.", Sam said. "But why would he do that?", Castiel asked.

"Because you took something that belongs to me."

Gabriel had appeared behind them, a playful smile on his face.

"Gabe, we didn't take anything.", Sam said slowly. "What have you lost anyway?", Dean asked. "I didn't lose it. It was taken." "What was taken?", Sam wanted to know. Gabriel sighed. "My favourite porn magazine. 'More than a handful #2'.