chapter one

Cynthia was never a cheerful child. She's been trained for the best, sparring twice the size of her age and practising force control at a young age. Her small figure can sometimes get her to be provoked. Been tease for being different and treated for being a killing machine. She's been used to it.

Call her a machine or a monster.

She never really cared. The only thing she only cares about is to be praised by her older brother, who's one of the most dangerous yet one of the toughest awakens in the Awakened world. Many have begged in their knees just to be his apprentices or begged him to join their groups, yet all of them have been declined by him.

She always admired him greatly, but he never seemed to see it. Because of how great and strong he is, he forgot that he had a family to take care of. That's when Cynthia's smile faded instantly.

She grew quiet and preserved, only muttering a few words. Responding with a nod or a shake of her head. Her mind became empty to the point that she couldn't make big decisions.

The young girl continues to get stronger and stronger each day. She gets to spar with different awakens in different groups. With it, many have respected her, and many have envied her.

A gash of wind leap towards her which she swiftly dodge and sends a strong lightning towards her opponent who uses a strong binding wind to make a shield for her attack, Cynthia reaches her hand out as blue thunderspears started to come out from her palm; blasting it over to her opponent who started to bleed from his face down to his arms.

Jisuk Yoo watches her from the rails with a smirk, whistling as the opponent gets blasted across the room, causing people to clap. Cynthia just listened to their chants before she started to walk away from the room.

The boy hurriedly went after her with her blazer as they were now getting late for school. Jisuk looks over to Cynthia, who blankly looks at her bandaged hand before someone covered them with theirs. She looks up to see Jisuk looking away with a slight blush. "Come on. We're getting late. " he only received a hum before she was gently pulled away with him.

- ⚡ -

The dark blue haired girl looks over to the board and starts to scribble down on her notes, glancing behind her shoulder and silently sighing on her head to see Jisuk sleeping soundly on his desk. Their teacher seems to notice him slacking off on his class made him irritated and was about to throw his chalk when the bell ran causing for Jisuk to shot up on his desk, looking around "Its time already..?"

Cynthia looks at him in distaste as the teacher huffs, taking his leave and dismissing the class quickly. Just in a flash, everyone scattered around the room as Cynthia tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear while looking at her desk in boredom. One of Jisuk goons started to walk towards his desk, telling someone to beat some of his friends up, which seemed to make Jisuk infuriated.

"Hey Cyndy, you coming?" She looks behind to see Jisuk holding her chair, waiting for her to stand up only for her to shake her head slightly and pointed at her book."I'll be reading, " she mumbles. Jisuk just purse his lips and nodded. He leans down and kisses her forehead, walking away from her desk before ruffling her hair, which leads her to slap his hand away.

Cynthia just sighed once again and buried herself on the texts of the book. Minutes of reading made her alone as her classmates had gone home. She stretched her arm and let out a soft yawn. She slowly started to pack her things. She looks down on her wrist and glances at her watch.

5:10 pm.

The girl said nothing but frown, looking over the window and seeing one of Jisuk friends snickering with the others. She got up and grabbed her sling bag with Jisuk's, hurriedly leaving the classroom. The sound of squeaks of her shoes echoes through the empty hallways of the staircases as she swiftly steps down every step.

"Where's Jisuk?" All of them pause on their laughter when she spoke at them for the first time. The boys looked at her in slight shock before smirking."He's busy talking to someone." He replied shortly before looking at her in a perverted way, eyeing her from up and down."How about you come with us instead?"

Cynthia just looks at him with her usual deadpanned and cold facade before walking away.

"No thanks."

Her reply immediately made his smirk fade away with a slap of reality.

  In the middle of a  construction site next to their school stood the boy who Cynthia is looking for except he's with someone who's named Jiwoo Seo, who's now slightly beaten up on his face. The fist is a few meters away from his face when he suddenly halted from his actions. "Hey, Jiwoo... You hurt your leg?" He asked, which causes Jiwoo to flinch.

"Huh.? Um yeah," he stuttered.

Jiwoo watches him straighten up and scratch his nape. "Damn it. I dont want to beat up someone with an injury, " he complains.

"Jisuk Yoo" the voice sends chill on the boy's spine as he slightly looks behind his shoulder to see Cynthia coldly looking at him with his bag on her hands "Let's go" she says while signaling him on the road behind her. The boy just nodded and looks at Jiwoo "That's enough for today" he announces and started to walk away from Jiwoo "Let's continue this when your leg is all healed up" he continues and stops in front of Cynthia, grabbing his bag from her hand. Jisuk also took Cynthia's bag from her grasp and carried it. With his free hand, he intertwines his fingers with hers.

Jiwoo took a slight glimpse of the girl's face, and his eyes widened slightly at the slight recognition. The girl immediately turns away from his view as Jisuk leads them out.

The boy is left alone on the construction site with a crestfallen look plastered on his face, clenching his fist with his lips quivering.

'I'm still a weakling.'

🐚